Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Disease specific MMJ strain list

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by clinton, Apr 8, 2007.

1. THATS THE FUCKING WAY TO LIVE THE HERE AND NOW your my kind of guy man

+rep

2. A good thread, i enjoyed reading it and taking in as much of the info i could. I noticed you talked about the disp on 9th street. It is called Hopenet and it is one of the best if not the best disp in the city. They really take care of their patients and are very smart at finding out what would work for their ailments.
    positive rep tho for the very usefull info- anyone else notice how many different ailments blueberry can help cope with... I've def got to grow this strain to find out..

3. someone should really sticky this

4. i have been diagnosed with a shitload of all that stuff. hahahaha:smoke:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. STICKY!.....ty and +rep:D

6. sticky this please

7. Yeah the is defidently a sticky .

8. In Michigan, especially in my area, medical marijuana is practically unheard of (in the majority of the community). Yet I find smoking it to ease the pain in my neck, which has yet to be cured from any doctor's methods, from creams to pills to physcial therapy to working out to swimming to a massage... sure the massage loosens it up for a while but it's nothing perminent, lasting no more than an hour or two, and much more expensive than smoking a joint every now and then. Thing is, around here, we rarely get any special kinds of strains. There may be some blueberry, rhino, widow or haze around if you're lucky and that's it. I'd really like to find something that I could just take a couple hits of and be set, without having to smoke like a bowl of "chronic" (which is all we have around here, besides schwag). I mean, it works, but I know there is a strain that would work more effectively.

9. thanks for posting the info. my wife suffers from headaches and pills are getting a bit expensive. i got some research to do. great post.

10. hey man im from Canada too, are u telling me i can get medicinal for ADD?

11. deff good post, was looking for good strains for insomia, and stress

12. You know, this whole thread is a giant flaw. The strain doesn't matter as much as how its grown. Let me explain:

If you put a White Rhino seed in a bucket full of dirt from your backyard, put it under an incadescent light, your going to have one weak looking plant (if it even survives).

Then, take any old bagseed, grow it under a HPS and MVB for vegging and flowering respectively, supplimented with CFL's, hydroponically grown, pH tested, temperature controlled, humidity controlled, etc etc etc and your going to have a better plant then the above.

Personally if your suffering from an illness that required MM, concentrate the pollon either chemically or physically, and your going to have much better results then smoking the straight buds.

13. ehh i think this thread is kinda false all together. theres two different types of marijuana.. indicas and sativas.. just because people cross-breed different strains it doesn't mean its going to target a specific pain or problem you are having.. :bongin:

14. where can i find some sonoma coma beans? i've looked for near an hour and i find nada

15. Some awesome strains for pain relief are not even in this thread . I should know , i have had to deal with the situation . Pain should have been a better focus of this thread if it is even going to Attempt to be authoratative .

16. HI

Thank you so much for a much needed up to date list of medicine specifics. I live with what I woud like to call, the devil. It treats me like crap and is very much like what you have. The MS and demylenation, disc degenerative disease, periferal neoropathy, fibromyalgia and another other lable the docs like to stick on me.

I noticed that going to a hot dry climate helped a lot with my joint pain. Also, eating mmj is so much better for me than vaporization and smoking. Ick. Also, I don't seem to have the muchies and I have lost so much weight because I can move around out of most of the pain.

When I use my MMJ, I don't need man made meds near as much if at all. Working in a clinic with MMJ for a year taught me so much. I'm the lady you would never ever suspect and about at straight laced as they come. But, pain has no boundries and does not care about they way you live your life. Pain is a problem for all people in the world and we need to make these doctors notice it works by keeping journals and maticulous records.:wave:

17. HI

Thank you so much for a much needed up to date list of medicine specifics. I live with what I woud like to call, the devil. It treats me like crap and is very much like what you have. The MS and demylenation, disc degenerative disease, periferal neoropathy, fibromyalgia and another other lable the docs like to stick on me. :mad:

I noticed that going to a hot dry climate helped a lot with my joint pain. Also, eating mmj is so much better for me than vaporization and smoking. Ick. Also, I don't seem to have the muchies and I have lost so much weight because I can move around out of most of the pain. :eek:

When I use my MMJ, I don't need man made meds near as much if at all. Working in a clinic with MMJ for a year taught me so much. I'm the lady you would never ever suspect and about at straight laced as they come. But, pain has no boundries and does not care about they way you live your life. Pain is a problem for all people in the world and we need to make these doctors notice it works by keeping journals and maticulous records.:wave:

18. Hi there,

Although you have extremely valuable knowledge, it isn't completely correct. There are specific strains that are for different types of pain and yes, it does matter. I have been a patient for 3 years and worked in a clinic for 1 year and can tell you that it really does make a difference. Trainwreck makes me sicker than a dog, but White Rhino works like a charm for my specific illness. Everyones body is different and it takes a little hunting to find the right one. Also, I figured out that the "kitchen sink" butter made into cookies will kick about anything. However, it will not work on my husbands migrains that he has had since a child. Experimentation is the only way to figure out what works best.

When it comes to growing, everything matters! But, strain to medical patients is everything.

Cheers:wave:

quote=Alphå;1741700]You know, this whole thread is a giant flaw. The strain doesn't matter as much as how its grown. Let me explain:

If you put a White Rhino seed in a bucket full of dirt from your backyard, put it under an incadescent light, your going to have one weak looking plant (if it even survives).

Then, take any old bagseed, grow it under a HPS and MVB for vegging and flowering respectively, supplimented with CFL's, hydroponically grown, pH tested, temperature controlled, humidity controlled, etc etc etc and your going to have a better plant then the above.

Personally if your suffering from an illness that required MM, concentrate the pollon either chemically or physically, and your going to have much better results then smoking the straight buds.[/quote]

19. Oh please share, we are all ears!!!!!! :)