Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account Login to Account
can i get high off this?
Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:26 AM
Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:32 AM
Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:33 AM
I would imagine by itself, no you won't get "high". You can buy ibuprofen at kroger, just not in 600mg pills.
To mushroom: I believe size is a variant in ibuprofen useage. I was prescribed 800mg ibuprofen years ago, take one every 4-6 hours.
Posted 02 April 2007 - 06:52 AM
Posted 02 April 2007 - 07:36 AM
Posted 02 April 2007 - 01:13 PM
Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:08 PM
Ibuprofen overdose has become common since it was licensed for over-the-counter use. There are many overdose experiences reported in the medical literature.<sup class="reference" id="_ref-AnnEmergMed1990-McElwee_0"></sup> Human response in cases of overdose ranges from absence of symptoms to fatal outcome in spite of intensive care treatment. Most symptoms are an excess of the pharmacological action of ibuprofen and include abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, dizziness, headache, tinnitus, and nystagmus. Rarely more severe symptoms such as gastrointestinal bleeding, seizures, metabolic acidosis, hyperkalaemia, hypotension, bradycardia, tachycardia, atrial fibrillation, coma, hepatic dysfunction, acute renal failure, cyanosis, respiratory depression, and cardiac arrest have been reported.<sup class="reference" id="_ref-medtox1986-vale_0"></sup>. The severity of symptoms varies with the ingested dose and the time elapsed, however, individual sensitivity also plays an important role. Generally, the symptoms observed with an overdose of ibuprofen are similar to the symptoms caused by overdoses of other NSAIDs.
There is little correlation between severity of symptoms and measured ibuprofen plasma levels. Toxic effects are unlikely at doses below 100 mg/kg but can be severe above 400 mg/kg;<sup class="reference" id="_ref-Clinicalmedicine2003-Volans_0"></sup> however, large doses do not indicate that the clinical course is likely to be lethal.<sup class="reference" id="_ref-ClinToxicol2000-Seifert_0"></sup> It is not possible to determine a precise lethal dose, as this may vary with age, weight, and concomitant diseases of the individual patient.
Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:45 PM
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users