Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

medical marijuana? how do you get a prescription for it?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ontariotrees

ontariotrees

high as a satilite

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Last I checked MJ didn't help you focus better. I doubt you can get an MMJ card for having a.d.d., thats what ritalin, adderal, etc is for.

What are you talking about? Ganja is a perfect sub for a.d.d. meds, look it up.

crucialdanks303

crucialdanks303

Fuck it, lets go bowling

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,215 posts
How about good old colorado? i have problems gaining weight, like its a legit doctors note type thing malnourished or something i cant absorb fats and carbs as well as everyone else does so i have to eat 2x as much as regular people.

WildWill

WildWill

Just Wild and Crazy

• Old School
  • 19,606 posts

What are you talking about? Ganja is a perfect sub for a.d.d. meds, look it up.

Did you really need to necro a 2 year old thread for THAT?

How about good old colorado? i have problems gaining weight, like its a legit doctors note type thing malnourished or something i cant absorb fats and carbs as well as everyone else does so i have to eat 2x as much as regular people.

Check the sticky at the top of the forum, can't remember if Colorado is a MMJ state or not.

Explicit

Explicit

Pizza Connoisseur

• Registered Upgraded
  • 133 posts
I have chronic pain in my right shoulder due to a major tear in the labrum. I had a surgery to fix the tear and tighten the joint capsules, but the joint capsules loosened up again. This causes major pain in alot of activities and the surgeon said there is not much he can do because anything he tries surgically might just reverse itself. My normal doctor diagnosed me with chronic shoulder pain and I have documents to prove it.

Does anybody think that is legit for a MMJ recommendation in colorado?

WildWill

WildWill

Just Wild and Crazy

• Old School
  • 19,606 posts
Why don't you check the STICKY?

Explicit

Explicit

Pizza Connoisseur

• Registered Upgraded
  • 133 posts

Why don't you check the STICKY?

I would just like to know from personal experience as I already know you qualify for chronic pain.

Xodus

Xodus

• Registered Upgraded
  • 230 posts
Colorado is a medical state.

Having a medical card in no way covers your ass for drug tests.

Killeravocado

Killeravocado

Bong Tokin' Alcoholic

• Registered Upgraded
  • 148 posts
lol. still lookin for that card!!!

Bowljangles

Bowljangles

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
its easier than you think ;)

Mitchy

Mitchy

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 895 posts

I live in Illinois and a medical cannabus bill (SB 650) is currently waiting to have a Full Senate Floor vote. If they do vote in favor of it, do you think I could be a candidate for a card for my chronic head aches? I've had them since I was in the 8th grade. I was prescribed pills that never worked. The only thing I have ever found to work was marijuana.

I hope it passes :hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

I'll be right at the doctors office for a recommendation

:smoking:

and probably. From what I see in Califorina, people with or without medical conditions get cards..

WildWill

WildWill

Just Wild and Crazy

• Old School
  • 19,606 posts
Dude, you have to be 18 to even be ON this site - come back when you're old enough.

tharedhead

tharedhead

Southern Gothic

• Bronze Member
  • 8,881 posts

avnatanyel

avnatanyel

Bandersnatch

• Registered Upgraded
  • 102 posts

I agree with some of that, I don't consider it abuse though.
The more people that can get recommendations/medcards for prop 215 or sb 420 the closer it comes to decriminalization. The more people who use it legitimately the more legit it is. Things were close in a lot of places during the last elections. That means more people think like we do than most people realize. If only we'd realize that.

Helps/cures more ailments and is safer than aspirin/ibuprofin/acetominphen should mean more ubiquitous as well.

Climbstoned

Climbstoned

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,058 posts
If u live in Cali, it's very easy. Not sure about other places

felicity214

felicity214

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Well I was thinking that I could just get the card. It would make it alot easier. If I had the card, I wouldn't have to worry about alot of things... Like a drug test at school, "Hey I'm on 215 can't touch me" or if I decide to get a job agian or anything like that.

WRONG! Most places for employment still view Marijuana as an illicit drug, so being 215 or 420 isn't gonna save you! Sorry!
  • mjmama25 likes this

felicity214

felicity214

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

I have chronic pain in my right shoulder due to a major tear in the labrum. I had a surgery to fix the tear and tighten the joint capsules, but the joint capsules loosened up again. This causes major pain in alot of activities and the surgeon said there is not much he can do because anything he tries surgically might just reverse itself. My normal doctor diagnosed me with chronic shoulder pain and I have documents to prove it.

Does anybody think that is legit for a MMJ recommendation in colorado?

Yep! Sounds like you are a perfect candidate!

mjmama25

mjmama25

NorCal Bladie

• Registered Upgraded
  • 12,962 posts

Most places for employment still view Marijuana as an illicit drug, so being 215 or 420 isn't gonna save you! Sorry!

Exactly what he said. I'm not sure about other states, but CA has had medical MJ the longest and we still don't have any job rights. If your landlord wants to kick you out for smoking, they can. If you get pulled over and you have a packed bowl in the glove box, you can still get a DUI, just like if you had an open beer. Getting a medical card doesn't save you from everything. I still smoke and grow with the same caution I used before I got my card.

Rose Funeral

Rose Funeral

Designated Smoker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 277 posts

Exactly what he said. I'm not sure about other states, but CA has had medical MJ the longest and we still don't have any job rights. If your landlord wants to kick you out for smoking, they can. If you get pulled over and you have a packed bowl in the glove box, you can still get a DUI, just like if you had an open beer. Getting a medical card doesn't save you from everything. I still smoke and grow with the same caution I used before I got my card.

Hmmm. I was under the impression that having a medical marijuana card gave you permission to have up to a certain amount of weed on you without fear of prosecution.. I don't keep up to date with the MMJ laws so don't flame me..but I'm moving to California within the next year and I'm getting a card, so I'm just curious. :)

felicity214

felicity214

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Hmmm. I was under the impression that having a medical marijuana card gave you permission to have up to a certain amount of weed on you without fear of prosecution.. I don't keep up to date with the MMJ laws so don't flame me..but I'm moving to California within the next year and I'm getting a card, so I'm just curious. :)

It does offer some protection, but it just depends on the cop/city, direction the wind blows, etc. It allows you to purchase it easily, but if you're smart you won't be smoking willy nilly (ie in your car, at work, etc...)! It's best to cautious as you were when you didn't have a card!

mjmama25

mjmama25

NorCal Bladie

• Registered Upgraded
  • 12,962 posts

We have a long way to go before we have full rights. If you get pulled over with some bud in your glove box, you are protected. If you are growing a couple plants, you are protected. But if your boss fires you for failing a drug test, that is within his legal rights. The same as it would be within your landlords rights to have you evicted. We have been granted rights to use medically, but there is no law saying other people have to be ok with it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users