• Mar 02 2007 04:55 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • Please log in to reply
  • chirpin' hard

• Canabudz
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 849 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 04:55 AM

Today a very good friend of mine donated 1 and a quarter pounds of shake to me. The shake is from the strain Green Spirit (skunk#1 x bigbud), real long slender sativa fan leaves.
I've never made hash so on the way back i picked up a 500ml bottle of 99% ISO. I ground up 2 ounces of shake which equaled to about 3/5 up the mason jar i was using. covered it in alcohol, and have been shaking the living fuck out of it for almost 6 hours now. What i have left is lots of plant material at the bottom which looks very stripped of its goodness, with about 2 inches of deeply coloured vibrant green liquid which looks to be chocked full of trichomes ready for the pickin. i plan to pour it out tonight into a 9x9 glass baking dish, then drying it with a hair dryer.

anywho my question (and problem) is i don't have a reusable coffee filter like the one in the guide to making hash. i have a fine mesh strainer, i was wondering if it would work to pass the liquid through into the dish. i've used it to strain cannabutter before so i know the holes arent too big. think i should use it? help much appreciated! i'll have pics and a weigh in tomorow hopefully.
Replies (6)

• p_dj
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 685 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 04:58 AM

you can pull a panty hose over the jar top and strain it through that, and make sure the hair dryer is on cool not hot or just use a fan

• chirpin' hard

• Canabudz
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 849 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:00 AM

i thought about the heat mine produces and second guessed myself. thanks for the fan idea. i'll see if i have any pantyhoes. if anyones got an opinion about using a strainer feel free.

edit- could i just use a normal paper coffee filter? would the triches filter through it or get stuck?

• GeoTokeR
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 02:20 PM

^^ yeah you can use a normal paper coffee filter

it should work fine. Ive done it both ways, with the reusable filter and the paper filter and there doesnt seem to be too much of a difference.

Have fun. And oh yeah, POST SOME PICS!! Id really like to see what 1 1/2 pounds made into ISO hash looks like lol ive only done it with like oz's. Never anything that big.

• 216 - Budz...

• numbersalone
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:31 PM

iso hash doesnt just take the trics off the bud man, it dissolves them into the alcohol, now all u need to do is strain it, a paper coffee filter is ok, but i find that a 12x12" piece of T-shirt material works best, and its reusable, make sure u were some kind of rubber gloves, that shit gets sticky on ur hands :P and make sure to sqeeze that shit till its literally dry, lots of goodness could be lost!

• chirpin' hard

• Canabudz
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 849 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 12:39 AM

thanks alot guys, geo i knew you made some so i was waiting for a reply :P
anyways lastnight i poured the mixture through pantyhose into a 9x9 baking dish, let it sit out overnight and not much evaporated. when i got home today i put it in a box with a hairdryer blowing in it and in almost an hour or 2 its all gone! waiting to scrape it up

right now all i have is pantyhose to strain stuff with. ive decided im going to use 8 or 9 ounces to make bubble hash then make the remains into iso hash like the guide. saving 8 or 9 for cooking. my question this time is for the bubble hash can i use a pantyhose to strain it into the containers? i know a paper coffee filter will hold the triches back since its just in water, not dissolved into alcohol.

• chirpin' hard

• Canabudz
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 849 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 06:20 AM

the ISO hash was ready to scrape like 30 minutes after that post. heres a picture. 5 grams from 2 ounces of shake sounds pretty good to me. all for free too :). let me say it is some very potent hash. .5 had three of us as high as like a 2 or 3gram sesh. its more high than stoney, <3 skunk#1. the shake leaves look like a pure sativa, long slender with like 11 finger counts. very neat, . in conclusion i'm very satisfied with my first hash making experience.
we also tried to make some bubble hash with 1 ounce of shake, did everything according to guide but had to use pantyhose instead of a reusable coffee filter. only yeilded .8 of some really vibrant green dense hash. going to try tomorrow with a reusable coffee filter to see if i'll yeild more, then i might reconsider the following.

i plan to make 6 more ounces into ISO hash, use 2 to make some BHO, and 1 to try the bubble method again. we put aside 6 oz's to cook with, but the thing is this shakes got a stale smell from where it was being held for so long. no mold or anything, everything looks good, just smells a bit off. so we're going to make a batch of cookies with an oz to see if that weird taste is still there. if its too crappy we're just going to make the rest into hash.

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 1999 - 2015 420Network BV | All rights reserved