Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Making ISO hash!

• Please log in to reply

Canabudz

Canabudz

chirpin' hard

• Registered Upgraded
  • 849 posts
Today a very good friend of mine donated 1 and a quarter pounds of shake to me. The shake is from the strain Green Spirit (skunk#1 x bigbud), real long slender sativa fan leaves.
I've never made hash so on the way back i picked up a 500ml bottle of 99% ISO. I ground up 2 ounces of shake which equaled to about 3/5 up the mason jar i was using. covered it in alcohol, and have been shaking the living fuck out of it for almost 6 hours now. What i have left is lots of plant material at the bottom which looks very stripped of its goodness, with about 2 inches of deeply coloured vibrant green liquid which looks to be chocked full of trichomes ready for the pickin. i plan to pour it out tonight into a 9x9 glass baking dish, then drying it with a hair dryer.

anywho my question (and problem) is i don't have a reusable coffee filter like the one in the guide to making hash. i have a fine mesh strainer, i was wondering if it would work to pass the liquid through into the dish. i've used it to strain cannabutter before so i know the holes arent too big. think i should use it? help much appreciated! i'll have pics and a weigh in tomorow hopefully.

p_dj

p_dj

• Registered Upgraded
  • 685 posts
you can pull a panty hose over the jar top and strain it through that, and make sure the hair dryer is on cool not hot or just use a fan

Canabudz

Canabudz

chirpin' hard

• Registered Upgraded
  • 849 posts
i thought about the heat mine produces and second guessed myself. thanks for the fan idea. i'll see if i have any pantyhoes. if anyones got an opinion about using a strainer feel free.

edit- could i just use a normal paper coffee filter? would the triches filter through it or get stuck?

GeoTokeR

GeoTokeR

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,346 posts
^^ yeah you can use a normal paper coffee filter

it should work fine. Ive done it both ways, with the reusable filter and the paper filter and there doesnt seem to be too much of a difference.

Have fun. And oh yeah, POST SOME PICS!! Id really like to see what 1 1/2 pounds made into ISO hash looks like lol ive only done it with like oz's. Never anything that big.

numbersalone

numbersalone

216 - Budz...

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,570 posts
iso hash doesnt just take the trics off the bud man, it dissolves them into the alcohol, now all u need to do is strain it, a paper coffee filter is ok, but i find that a 12x12" piece of T-shirt material works best, and its reusable, make sure u were some kind of rubber gloves, that shit gets sticky on ur hands :P and make sure to sqeeze that shit till its literally dry, lots of goodness could be lost!

Canabudz

Canabudz

chirpin' hard

• Registered Upgraded
  • 849 posts
thanks alot guys, geo i knew you made some so i was waiting for a reply :P
anyways lastnight i poured the mixture through pantyhose into a 9x9 baking dish, let it sit out overnight and not much evaporated. when i got home today i put it in a box with a hairdryer blowing in it and in almost an hour or 2 its all gone! waiting to scrape it up

right now all i have is pantyhose to strain stuff with. ive decided im going to use 8 or 9 ounces to make bubble hash then make the remains into iso hash like the guide. saving 8 or 9 for cooking. my question this time is for the bubble hash can i use a pantyhose to strain it into the containers? i know a paper coffee filter will hold the triches back since its just in water, not dissolved into alcohol.

Canabudz

Canabudz

chirpin' hard

• Registered Upgraded
  • 849 posts
the ISO hash was ready to scrape like 30 minutes after that post. heres a picture. 5 grams from 2 ounces of shake sounds pretty good to me. all for free too :). let me say it is some very potent hash. .5 had three of us as high as like a 2 or 3gram sesh. its more high than stoney, <3 skunk#1. the shake leaves look like a pure sativa, long slender with like 11 finger counts. very neat, . in conclusion i'm very satisfied with my first hash making experience.
we also tried to make some bubble hash with 1 ounce of shake, did everything according to guide but had to use pantyhose instead of a reusable coffee filter. only yeilded .8 of some really vibrant green dense hash. going to try tomorrow with a reusable coffee filter to see if i'll yeild more, then i might reconsider the following.

i plan to make 6 more ounces into ISO hash, use 2 to make some BHO, and 1 to try the bubble method again. we put aside 6 oz's to cook with, but the thing is this shakes got a stale smell from where it was being held for so long. no mold or anything, everything looks good, just smells a bit off. so we're going to make a batch of cookies with an oz to see if that weird taste is still there. if its too crappy we're just going to make the rest into hash.

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users