Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Moldy Bud Pictures

• Please log in to reply

Still Smokin

Still Smokin

iBurn

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,981 posts
I have searched for well over an hour now and only found one picture of moldy bud and it was too small of a picture to show what mold looks like on bud; and very distorted. Im concerned that a few of my buds have mold on them but I cant tell if its a group of crystals or what. Couple of the buds have some light brown spots on them as if a few leaves are dead but im not to knowledgeable on the subject. Can some please post some pics of moldy buds....I think it might be very informative for everyone.

EDIT: my most recent pickup is kinda crumbly, smells good, and its completely dry..but still. Also, are there some dangerous molds that can infect bud that are NOT detectable by looking at it?

CorpusToker

CorpusToker

Load another bowl dude!!!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 515 posts
I heard that it wont really hurt u at all though. And if it seems like a little bit then u should be good. The heat would kill anything harmful.

Sweetleaf17

Sweetleaf17

Bubble funk.

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
shit i wouldnt smoke moldy bud. when you smoke moldy bud the mold on the bud goes into your lungs. idk about you but i dont want any freaking bud mold sproes in my lungs. you can get put in the hospital bc of some molds and what they can do to your body if inhaled or eaten. the spores stick in your lungs and grow. think about it, the inside of your body is warm moist and dark. what likes to grow in warm moist and dark enviornments? MOLD

liquidchill

liquidchill

stoned

• Registered Upgraded
  • 400 posts

I heard that it wont really hurt u at all though. And if it seems like a little bit then u should be good. The heat would kill anything harmful.

everything you just said is completely false

Sweetleaf17

Sweetleaf17

Bubble funk.

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
by the way. if you cant tell the differnce between moldy bud and good bud then you prolly shouldnt even be smoking bc your dumb. moldy bud is like almost black in spots instead of green. the black being the MOLD

CorpusToker

CorpusToker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 515 posts

shit i wouldnt smoke moldy bud. when you smoke moldy bud the mold on the bud goes into your lungs. idk about you but i dont want any freaking bud mold sproes in my lungs. you can get put in the hospital bc of some molds and what they can do to your body if inhaled or eaten. the spores stick in your lungs and grow. think about it, the inside of your body is warm moist and dark. what likes to grow in warm moist and dark enviornments? MOLD

Mold spores go into ur lungs every day, all the time. Its all in the air around you. The air isnt 100% pure oxygen.

Still Smokin

Still Smokin

iBurn

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,981 posts

by the way. if you cant tell the differnce between moldy bud and good bud then you prolly shouldnt even be smoking bc your dumb. moldy bud is like almost black in spots instead of green. the black being the MOLD

What an ignorant comment. Most of the info i've been reading says bud mold is commonly white. Not black...good try.

KOZMO

KOZMO

• Registered Upgraded
  • 471 posts
damn with that theory I have shrooms growing in my lungs from that time I smoke them magical mushrooms
I am gonna cut my chest open and harvest
wish me luck

Sweetleaf17

Sweetleaf17

Bubble funk.

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
well its a good thing your the dumbass that is searching around the internet looking to see what bud mold looks like. "most of the stuff ive read about it white" lol yea ok. its black almost like a really really dark purple and looks gross. throw it away gross. and no one likes to throw away pot. trust me, ive seen some bud mold before i live in upstate fucking ny where theres nothing but homegrown in the woods and corn fields

Sweetleaf17

Sweetleaf17

Bubble funk.

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

damn with that theory I have shrooms growing in my lungs from that time I smoke them magical mushrooms
I am gonna cut my chest open and harvest
wish me luck

how do you think people get sick from mold in houses and shit. there is some nasty mold out there that can put you in the hospital or even kill you if not treated. idk about you but im not gonna go and smoke moldy bud. you go right ahead if you want and take a chance of getting sick. if i was you i wouldnt buy moldy bud and just buy the sweet smelling green

KOZMO

KOZMO

• Registered Upgraded
  • 471 posts
never said anything about moldy bud
by the way I am tripping on those shrooms that I got out of my lungs

Sweetleaf17

Sweetleaf17

Bubble funk.

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

how do you think people get sick from mold in houses and shit. there is some nasty mold out there that can put you in the hospital or even kill you if not treated. idk about you but im not gonna go and smoke moldy bud. you go right ahead if you want and take a chance of getting sick. if i was you i wouldnt buy moldy bud and just buy the sweet smelling green

would you eat a piece of moldy bread?

shasta

shasta

Have A Nice Day

• Registered Upgraded
  • 844 posts

Mold spores go into ur lungs every day, all the time. Its all in the air around you. The air isnt 100% pure oxygen.

Thats true but smoking moldy weed is a concentrated level far beyond anything healthy. You shouldnt be exposed to those levels, that why houses are condemned when certain types of mold are found. It is widely accepted in the marijuana community that smoking moldy bud can cause lung infections.

Sweetleaf17

Sweetleaf17

Bubble funk.

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Thats true but smoking moldy weed is a concentrated level far beyond anything healthy. You shouldnt be exposed to those levels, that why houses are condemned when certain types of mold are found. It is widely accepted in the marijuana community that smoking moldy bud can cause lung infections.

damn straight, i tried to tell em but they just wouldnt listen. i know my shit:smoking:

CorpusToker

CorpusToker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 515 posts
But wouldnt this type of mold most likely be from just getting the bud a bit moist and forming a light mold? Not like that toxic shit that grows in extremely damp dark places, with toxins in the air. I dunno, i guess dont smoke it.

LoneSmoker

LoneSmoker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 131 posts
http://www.erowid.or...writings3.shtml

http://cannabiscultu...icles/3222.html

AmazinBlazin

AmazinBlazin

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 170 posts
mold on weed is white, sweetleaf, not black. maybe its black after a couple of months of constant rotting but at first its white

bucket_man

bucket_man

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

damn straight, i tried to tell em but they just wouldnt listen. i know my shit:smoking:

someone thinks they're king..

HerbsINtheBurbs

HerbsINtheBurbs

Spread Green Love

• Old School
  • 4,137 posts

mold on weed is white, sweetleaf, not black. maybe its black after a couple of months of constant rotting but at first its white

Thank you, you are correct. Mold on buds is nearly always white, I say nearly despite never having heard of dark budmold or seen any, budrot and other fungi are more often dark.

Rockerinetown

Rockerinetown

PF

• Registered Upgraded
  • 901 posts

hahahahahahahhahaha wow.

pictures would deff help but you best bet is to toss it or salvage what you can depending on how bad it is

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users