Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Friend coughing too much

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Yautjagod, Nov 30, 2015.

1. so me and my friend smoke a lot but whenever he smokes he always constantly coughs till he throws up. I know that he's probably throwing up from the taste and smoke getting caught in his throat. Is there anything he can do that can help his lungs calm down?

2. Take smaller hits. Try different strains. Myself, my throat is irritated by the pine and lime scented terpenes. Those strains cause me to cough more. As soon as a pipe makes you cough it probably needs cleaning. Sometimes small joints are the best cause you're always starting out fresh. Coughing is a very violent reaction that is very bad for your body. People have herniated vertebral disks and detached retinas from the violence of coughing.

3. Make sure hes not doing a swallowing motion with the smoke i had a friend who used to do that and he'd cough for days.

4. If he coughs a lot when he isn't smoking also, then he may have bad acid reflux. I have it and i have to drink a half teaspoon of baking soda with 4oz of water. When the acid gets in your throat it irritates and makes you cough, and can be worse when smoking.

5. Try a vape and see if that helps. They tend to be not as harsh for most people

6. Bong for the win

7. #7 McEggster, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2015
    Small hits, guys. If you're coughing you hit the piece\papers too hard. There's nothing "cool" about trying to take a supermam hit and then coughing up a spleen on the carpet.