Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cookoo for Coco Nut Science (can we put all scientific coco-threads here? nubie question)

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ShantiSena, Nov 28, 2015.

1. #1 ShantiSena, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2015
    Hey All Yall, nubie but not a goobie here,

SINCE I OWN THIS THREAD i'll spoil the drama queens ...
    30%+

http://analytical360.com/m/edibles/461037
    55.8% (reduced)

http://sclabs.com/sample-detail.html?id=139244

(((***if anyone scans these sites for coconut oil you can find that most results per gram serving were a LOT lower, THESE ARE FOR MAX BASELINE SATURATION POINT)

Laboratory Proof coconut oil CAN HOLD 30%-50% THC

So that being said i started all this research to find the MAJIC NUMBER ... (as i call it) and from endless hours of some current and some old and outdated information I ended up using valid medical journals, papers, patent applications etc, not JUST thread info that can't be verified.

Now, this is ADVANCED EDIBLE INFO THREAD for COCONUT OIL CANNA BUTTER concerning MAXIMUM CONCENTRATION of the predominant active compounds THC, CBD, CBN, as well as inclusionary information on research concerning termenoids, flavenoids, and all that super scientific stuff we see from people like bad kitty smiles (what's that got to do with Mr Good Cat? ask Slevin) ...or Bill Nuy, stoner guy

So on to the Details , and the point of my research with analogy to explain what i'm saying
    (i do this because i've read ASS_TONS of threads where the smart science math person totally misses the question and spends way to long impressing us all with math and shit yet never got the firetrucking question to begin with) ... no offense, just offering this thread for correctness.

Some called it the $64,000 question ( to show us older people their no sprirng chickens either. grin) I call it the Majic Number so
    HERE WE GO>>>> the search for the majic number that tells us the cocnut oil saturation point

First things first, i'm no expert on these threads or eticut stuph so please
    assist not bitch k?
    (and I'm not posting for EGO, just SCIENCE !!!)
    so on with it

Solubility and Super-Saturation of Cononut oil and many half guesses have been telling us that a gram of saturated fat specific to coconut oil can only hold 'X' ammount of THC. WHY you ask, well to be honest i couldn't give a rats ass what awesomely gifted mathmaticians can do regarding the source material, it's JUST the source material, and if there was three trash bags of trim stinking up your house, and besides once we ALL know the majic number (super saturation point of THC, CBD, CBN, etc per unit) ... so here's the highest reported testing i've found from lab results

Serving Size: 1.00g
    < 0.01mg CBG-A
    < 0.01mg CBG
    < 0.01mg CBG-TOTAL
    (CBG-A * 0.878 + CBG)
    4.84mg ∆9-THC-A
    349.05mg ∆9-THC
    < 0.01mg ∆8-THC
    3.73mg CBN
    353.30mg THC-TOTAL
    (∆9-THC-A * 0.877 + ∆9-THC)
    < 0.01mg CBD-A
    < 0.01mg CBD
    < 0.01mg CBD-TOTAL
    (CBD-A * 0.877 + CBD)
    15.21mg CBC
    367.99mg ACTIVATED-TOTAL

∆9THC + ∆8THC + CBN + CBD + CBG + CBC

Cannabinoids
    that have been activated through decarboxylation (curing/storage of
    flowers, or heating/cooking of edibles, tinctures, & concentrates)

TERPENE PROFILE
    < 0.01mg Linalool
    < 0.01mg Caryophyllene oxide
    < 0.01mg Myrcene
    < 0.01mg beta-Pinene
    < 0.01mg Limonene
    2.32mg Terpinolene
    < 0.01mg alpha-Pinene
    2.71mg Humulene
    0.53mg Caryophyllene
    5.56mg TERPENE-TOTAL

drop that she-aht into one jar warm cocount oil (after decarbing) and Sha ZAAAM

2. [​IMG]

Try this on for size. And this isn't even close to saturation. I've done more. By your terms this contains 2,490mg, 2.4g, of total cannabinoids per fluid ounce.

Scientific and advanced enough for you? If not, I have more "advanced" studies at Another Tincture Thread....Try it, You'll Like It! Lots of scientific and advanced material in the last 30 pages. [​IMG]

3. #3 ShantiSena, Nov 28, 2015
    YEAH this is what we need maybe different thread title ...
    WHATS YOUR HIGHEST LAB COCO-CANNA OIL???

i'm curious what comprises their Major 10 Canibs?
    plus the tec8's and tec9s combined with 'avaialble' thc might mean
    this test decarb'ed varient ,right? (really i dunno but would like too)

googled 'dragon oil' ??? , got some upstream oil and gas exploration company ??
    don't know the D.O. process your tincture thread discusses.

Thanks for post and spreading the thread to others that are focused only on coconut oil .. for now anyway.

attached photos of my plant material source, the crock-process, the finished products and one tsp dosage

Attached Files:

4. Check out the pages before and after that link I posted. You'll find all the cannabinoids including THCA and THC and CBDA, CBD, CBN, CBC, CBDV, THCV, CBG. for all kinds of cannabis products. Each THC is separate. There's a table of contents link to the thread on the very first post. Dragon oil is my own name for the concentrated version of coconut oil and named for the process of infusion. The results I posted are just the summaries, not the individual values. Delta 8 isn't found too often and the other isomers, THCA and Delta 9 are included in that. [​IMG]

Being on the bus with Ken and his Merry Pranksters would have been one heck of an out of this world experience. [​IMG]

5. #5 ShantiSena, Nov 29, 2015
    So.I have heard people say ....until they're ON the bus....

so found this at analytical 360 lab results ... this is highest i could find .. so far
    < 0.01mg CBG-A
    < 0.01mg CBG
    < 0.01mg CBG-TOTAL
    (CBG-A * 0.878 + CBG)
    4.84mg ∆9-THC-A
    349.05mg ∆9-THC
    < 0.01mg ∆8-THC
    3.73mg CBN
    353.30mg THC-TOTAL<span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"></span>
    < 0.01mg CBD-A
    < 0.01mg CBD
    < 0.01mg CBD-TOTAL
    (CBD-A * 0.877 + CBD)
    15.21mg CBC
    367.99mg ACTIVATED-TOTAL <--36.8% THC

∆9THC + ∆8THC + CBN + CBD + CBG + CBC

Cannabinoids
    that have been activated through decarboxylation (curing/storage of
    flowers, or heating/cooking of edibles, tinctures, & concentrates)

found here http://analytical360.com/m/edibles/461037

Attached Files:

6. #6 ShantiSena, Nov 29, 2015
    So.I have heard people say ....until they're ON the bus....

so found this at analytical 360 lab results ... this is highest i could find .. so far

0.30mg CBG-A
    1.45mg CBG
    1.72mg CBG-TOTAL
    (CBG-A * 0.878 + CBG)

2.33mg ∆9-THC-A
    33.88mg ∆9-THC
    < 0.01mg ∆8-THC
    0.73mg CBN
    35.93mg THC-TOTAL

0.04mg CBD-A
    0.24mg CBD
    0.27mg CBD-TOTAL
    (CBD-A * 0.877 + CBD)
    1.11mg CBC

37.41mg ACTIVATED-TOTAL
    ∆9THC + ∆8THC
    \t+ CBN + CBD + CBG + CBC

Cannabinoids that have been
    \tactivated through decarboxylation (curing/storage of flowers, or
    \theating/cooking of edibles, tinctures, & concentrates)

***this looks like 35% THC not 8% so Psy Sam was right that his Dragon Oil is NOT specially high in dosage***
    http://analytical360.com/m/edibles/456478 winner so far ...
    @@@ 37% THC in Coconut Oil @@@

for lots of coconut lab results click here - > http://analytical360.com/?s=coconut

7. #7 ShantiSena, Nov 29, 2015
  8. You've got a percentage of 3.74%. Mine is over 2 times stronger. Learn your decimals. 3.74%=37.4mg=0.0374g is for what you posted. Mine is 8.35%=83.5mg=0.0835g. Every 1% of a gram is 10mg.

Next time test your dry material first so you'll know how to compare your numbers. Most people making heavily concentrated coconut oil use hash or other concentrates. Using concentrates is the only way to get those high percentage numbers. [​IMG]

9. This is one that would have used concentrates to get that level. It's only 10% but that is a good dosage and should knock just about anyone for a loop. I've had higher but who's counting? You should be looking at how well your extraction turned out from your source material and not just how strong you can get it. What percentage of compounds were extracted will tell you how efficient your process is. [​IMG]

10. #11 ShantiSena, Nov 29, 2015
    Long story short we now have evidence to prove that
    coconut oil CAN HOLD 30%-50% it's weight in
    THC and ACTIVE CANABINIODS !!! case closed !

FIRST there Mr Dude, FROM THE INTITIAL THREAD POST !!!
    Now, this is ADVANCED EDIBLE INFO THREAD for COCONUT OIL CANNA BUTTER
    concerning MAXIMUM CONCENTRATION of the predominant active compounds
    THC, CBD, CBN, as well as inclusionary information on research
    concerning termenoids, flavenoids, and all that super scientific stuff
    we see from people like bad kitty smiles (what's that got to do with Mr
    Good Cat? ask Slevin) ...or Bill Nuy, stoner guy

this is for RESEARCH not EGO... wgaf about your 8% readings or the average 2-5% ...

THIS THREAD IS FOR SCIENCE OF SUPERSATURATION POINT
    on Coconut Oil ONLY !!!
    PsySam wrote V

"You should be looking at how well your extraction turned out from your source material and not just how strong you can get it."

Dear Sam, Who the F are you telling ANYONE what THEY SHOULD DO???

I realize some MEMBERS have more ego in these OR CERTAIN threads MORE than others, and you have YOUR posts/threads ... THIS THREAD was and IS about

Super Saturation point ...

not HOW Fing Kewl is YOU? ... research is all i'm doing,

and heres the shiz mit,
    so until your oil AND MY oil is at these levels .. WGAF?
    these are the TOP RESULTS WORLDWIDE !!!!

(i don't mean to blow your big fish in a small pond mentality ... oh wait Yeah I did, ... sorry ... you were being a d!@# so how about you stick to YOUR research, ...
    i mean it's not like your Bad Kitty Smiles ... LOL )))
    All TOgehter Now,
    all together now !

Long story short we now have evidence to prove that
    coconut oil CAN HOLD 30%-50% it's weight in THC and ACTIVE CANABINIODS !!! case closed !
    http://sclabs.com/sample-detail.html?id=139244

11. Touchy, aren't you? I'm not showing you these results for ego but to show you what real testing is all about. Nobody said that coconut oil won't hold a lot of cannabis. You were asking for test results and I gave them to you. I didn't say mine was any better just, pointing out comparative values and your inferior math skills. I was just trying to help you correctly evaluate test results and get the best efficiency.

You're not distinguishing between "bonded" or "carried" by the coconut oil. The data you're posting is someone else's and all you see are numbers. There's a lot to learn about testing other than reading those numbers. Since you don't seem to recognize that I'm no longer in the conversation.

You're right, of course, I'm not BKS and I'm very thankful for that but comparing us is like apples and oranges and we each do our own thing. I don't really care what you think of me so I'll leave this discussion where it is. Have a great day. [​IMG]

12. You are pretty mouthy for a guy who as only been on GrassCity for a week.

PSam is the guy here with the largest thread.

I think you're suffering from thread envy (not to mention the likely low self esteem)

If someone in this discussion should sit down and keep his mouth shut, I vote for you!

13. "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." ~Mark Twain