Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anxiety when smoking weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mbaker307, Nov 28, 2015.

1. I used to smoke all the time every day and it was great. I started going through anxiety and depression and started taking this medicine Prozac and when I started smoking while on Prozac it made my highs really anxious and not fun. usually when I smoke I get happy and talkative and its great but once i started taking the pill i became more quiet when high and would get really anxious and instead of forgetting my problems I would constantly think about them and stress over them. Weird right? I stopped taking the pill 2 weeks ago and stopped smoking to take a tolerance break to get everything back to normal. I took a week off then smoked again and it was the same quiet anxious high and so I took another week off and smoked last night with some friends and it was the same thing. They say Prozac takes almost a month to get out of your system but I'm not even really sure if that's whats causing this anxiety when high. Also my sober life is good now I'm not depressed and anxious all the time and workout every day. Any advice to making my highs relaxing and fun again? Thanks!

2. Weed isn't for everyone.

3. can you get your hands on a pure sativa strain?

4. I disagree
    U think that would make a difference? I got my hands on blue dream last night which has always been my fav and it still did the same thing

5. :lol: Well you said yourself you're not enjoying the high sooooo.... Why force it?
    Try it again later down the road when you're older.

6. Don't smoke it. It's not for you. Weed does for me what prozac and any other anti-depressant does. I do not understand why people think about their fears while high. I mean it's like you go somewhere, and then wonder how you would die if an earthquake hit. Will this building collapse on me?
    No. I smoke weed to enjoy the earthquake when it hits. Start tripping out on collapsing building and stuff.

7. certain indica strains can make me lathargic, gloomy...

8. Yeah same I was smoking northern lights for a while during the day and it was so shitty

9. I like smoking weed it's not that I don't like it. I think the Prozac is still in my brain which is making it the way it is. I'm not looking for people to tell me it's not for me I love weed I'm just looking for advice on things that can make it better

10. just stop smoking it for a while, ask your doctor if weed and prozac are bad to mix, not sure how they could be but prozac does something with serotonin levels i think.

11. Marijuana makes people get paranoid. Its one of the side effects. It doesn't have to be like 'who's following me? who is that?'
    it can be just thinking more about a certain thing like ' if I eat all these cakes will I get fatter? I need to know where the sun has gone or its gonna bug me all night '
    That's being paranoid and the weed makes it more prominent.
    Perhaps this marijuana induced paranoid effect is being the most prevalent to you at the moment especially with the Fluoxetine possibly still lingering in your system.