Need legal advise

Discussion in 'General' started by allineedis, Nov 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I was walking down a trail recently when I was randomly approached by an officer. They quickly came to the conclusion that I was very nervous (didn't think I was) and that when people walk alone and appear to be nervous that it means they've been smoking weed. I denied any such thing and a search because I was in a bit of a rush. Given that I didn't reek and wasn't noticeably high I was let go, but they said that they'd review the trail's camera footage to see if it was true. Even if the videos show me smoking, I still have the defense that it was a hand-rolled cigarette (because I do smoke those), right? Need advice because I don't want to be dragged down for something I didn't do.

2. #2 ExcretingCretin, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2015
    Fuck the police. He's prob just fuckin wit u. Next time act like you're deaf and keep walking (joke [​IMG]) its best to try to stay away from that kinda cop.. If there was such a video and they showed it to u or had it just laugh at them and ask when tobacco became illegal also deny even the fact that it was you. Be like that could of been anybody. Especially if they never took down your id. Regardless even if they had all of it that still wouldn't mean shit so as long as u don't say u were smoking weed....

Also should mention when being accused of something most of the time innocent people react with disgust that theyre being accused of such a thing so theoretically....

3. That's probably some of the worst, most idiotic advice ive ever heard. If you intentionally ignore a cop, hes just going to come at you harder. If you feel a cop is violating your rights, say so in a calm manner. If the pig still wants to bullshit you around, continue to state that your rights are being violated, but in a calm, yet confident manner. If you get arrested on a bullshit charge, don't get physically combative, don't yell and scream and cuss, that just makes things worse. A cop is not going to argue the points of the legal system with you. That's what we have judges and lawyers for.

4. Well...They would have to prove it was in fact weed and not a cigarette.

That's their burden though, you can easily say it was a ciggy and they have no evidence to counter that it was weed...So, that's about that.//static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif

5. #5 ExcretingCretin, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2015
    right because the cops gonna have great communication with a dude who just said he was deaf. Not to mention there's no laws being broken if you don't change how fast You walk. You can enable the cop all you want. I keep myself away from all that shit just fine. Maybe should read up on some laws first and realize that all you gotta do is relax maybe that's what ends up fucking it tho is that u couldn't concieve of pulling it off so you take the easy least confrontational way... and srsly who would think socially unacceptable behaviour would have a positive effect? Not advocating it but when its gonna smack you in the face no matter.....I think it's best to move and not just hope they hit you lightly.

Lying about that shit isn't illegal. You appease. I'll divert. but Damn I'd say that's idiotic. Look at the holocaust since obviously you want that you dirty judgmental nazi.

Lol but seriously it's been done by muah however I did mean it as a joke so look...

Why not talk about the social contract we have between cops? Is that really what you want some cop who's gonna be a dick because he just can or a cop that's gonna care because he has to? Half of that is what gives them their ego. So yeah good luck. The cop that shows respect is the one that deserves what you describe.

6. Just know your rights and ALWAYS stay calm and confident. What they did there was a tactic police use to see if they can get any type of information from you. He was trying to get some type of bullshit arrest most likely just trying to fill his quota.

Even if they had a video with you smoking a joint they cannot do anything about it because they didn't catch you in the act. There's absolutely no way they can prove it was anything illicit. Even if he says he smelt something... You're outside, it could've been anything... That wouldn't hold up in court. Assuming you were on the trail during normal hours and you weren't being destructive there's literally nothing they can do.

Next time, be assertive and confident... But do not be aggressive because ultimately they can use that against you no matter your view. If they want to arrest you on some bullshit charge just be silent, do not say a word and call your/a lawyer IMMEDIATELY.

Knowing your rights is absolutely the best thing you can arm yourself with. They want you to be aggressive because that's how they win.

Much love brother.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

7. ALL of the standards for prosecution here would depend on the jurisdiction. Within the USA, a video after the fact is not evidence that supports a conviction for the possession of a usable quantity of marijuana. It would be problematic if they used said video to bootstrap in combination with other claimed clues, but a jury that follows the instruction would be hard-pressed to convict without any actual substance that could be tested.

But, and again presuming the USA, this is not a set of facts that would even survive the MTS based upon what OP describes the initial encounter as having involved...

8. lord have mercy....get a lawyer to give you advice.......

9. Haha.... they aren't going to review tape for a doobie!!! He was trying to get you to fess up right then and there.... haha!

10. lying about being deaf is illegal, its called obstruction of justice.

Op don't take legal advice from people who don't know the law. Personally I wouldn't sweat the cop. Shit happens. He was just doing his job. Hopefully soon we won't have to deal with such things but until then it is what it is. A risk that comes with territory. Best thing to do is keep your mouth shut and don't lie. I highly doubt anything will ever come of your experience.

11. This ^
    /thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.