Are no pest strips safe?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by painterdude, Nov 28, 2015.

1. I have been in a battle this and my last grow with spider mites and now I think there is a beetle in my tent. Something is eating the tops of my flowers. Not the entire thing like a worm would. Just some here and there. I have been looking for some kind of solution to erratic these evil things.
    I have used neem, but I don't think it resolves the issue just holds it off for a bit.
    Has anyone used no pest strips? Are they safe?

Thanks. 🏻

2. That depends on the environment where it's being used.

I absolutely LOVE HS No pest strips. That said, I only use them in my negative air room for 15 day intervals when I have an infestation and is exhausted to the outdoors. I would NEVER use them in an area inside your home where you, your family, or pets will be exposed to the treated air. That means any room where there is an active HVAC duct attached or a non air tight door to a living space (if the room is not managed with negative air with an exterior exhaust).

All that being said, (because I'm not certain of your knowledge and experience nor are pics available) since it seems you've yet to observe the potential insect, I recommend looking into this thread http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plants-problems/62... and verify it isn't caused by a Mosaic virus which resembles insect damage in many cases. I first thought it was insects when I encountered it.

I hope the information provided was helpful. Good Luck!

3. Thanks for the reply. I have grown outdoors for over 20 years, but have been indoors to lengthen season for 8 grows. Indoor growing has so many more variables then outdoor grows.
    The information you provided was great! I read about the virus. The pics didn't show up, but from what I have read I can count that out. I have been cloning the same plants since I started. (Sour Diesel, Cinderella 99, and now Thai). The Thai came from a friend and is how the spider mites were added to my grow.
    I love the recommendation of 15 days at a time. It was exactly the info I needed. I have my tent vented to the outside of my house. So I didn't need to worry about it poisoning pets or people.
    Thanks for the info. It was an enormous help. The no pest strip is going in!! 🏻🏼🤓

4. Not that you mentioned it but I wanted to add, I wouldn't expect No Pest Strips to provide any assistance with Fungus Gnats. Little bastards just laugh at it and carry on. It culls everything else I've needed it to so far with vicious tenacity to include thrips, spider mites, and some kind of tiny beetle with a spiked nose that bores into the stalk which I couldn't identify directly.

Now go get those little bastards!