is there really such a thing as love?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Paxalot, Nov 27, 2015.

1. ask yourself have you ever asked this question silently under your breath after a fresh heartbreak, or seeing something you'd thought you'd never could see (cheating).
    are we all alone and just looking for someone and will accept anyone we deem acceptable for a excuse for us not to be alone? is love real or just something we chase the whole time secretly knowing well never catch it?

2. Its real and can cause the highest high and the lowest low and everything in between.

3. What is real to one may not be real to another.

Feelings and ideas are always subjective.

So, yes and no? 😃

4. Nothing is really real though that's the thing...even though I said love is real its not really real its just this life its that way. And I hate love but I love love.

5. I think the better question is are people capable of love? Most people are selfish imo

6. Baby, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me
    No more

7. I think organisms just reproduce.

8. i see that elephants,seals,dolphins, dogs, monkeys, birds, and hundreds of other animals all feel love....

9. There has to be. Why would so many old married couples die so close to one another (one dies and the spouse follows right behind) otherwise?

It's also not just about love between a man and women, although that's wonderful too. What about the extreme love parents feel for their children?

J

10. I believe this is purely for the fact that neither of them want to be alone with content with dying with someone else

11. Absolutely. And it comes in many many many forms

12. yes if you want to believe it exists. if you close yourself off to the idea of it, you'll never find it.
    and love isn't always just finding someone to be intimate with and have a relationship with.

13. ........been married to my wife for over 20 yrs......she is the 1st thing on my mind when I wake, and the last thing before I sleep........couldn't imagine my life without her in it.....we still hold hands when ever we can, I cant wait to see her, when i walk in the door, and the feelings get stronger everyday.................thats what love is!

14. A rather complicated proposition, but yes, it does exist.

15. Have been around for a little while now and like to think I've figured a few things out. Bottom line none of this really matters. It's just a ride your on enjoy it and stop worrying about things you don't have and be grateful for what you do. Love is a grand thing but you must be love to get it and it's isn't just sex and relationships with the opposite sex. Love for your child is the most powerful form of love I can think of or a family member.