1 week from seed.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by UK-Stoner, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Hey guys I planted my germinated Heavyweight : Fast & Vast auto seeds 1 week ago .. Well 1 week and 13hours ago lol. This is them now.

There under a 250W HPS 18/6 light cycle, and not been watered once ?

How do you think my baby's are doing ? Got some tomato feed NPK 4-5-9 so going to start giving them half dose from first feed.

My soil is still really damp when I stick my finger in , there is only really a layer of dry soil at the top the rest is very compact and wet. When do you think they'll need water?

One of my plants is growing 3 sets of leaves instead of 2 is this normal ?

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448619637.009200.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448619646.647182.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448619654.983734.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448619664.589733.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. hey man looks good. please dont feed it yet man. its so young. just plain water for the first few weeks be good. you dont want to burn your plants. all they need right now will probably be in your soil. just hold off on the nutes for now man trust me. wait til they fill out more. trust me!

looks tight though

I would water until it feels dryer. the roots wont drink much water yet. you want them to send out more roots to find water. when the soil feels dry or your plants are looking droopy from being under watered then you should water them.

try to not let your plants get droopy though, try recognize as soon as the soil drys, ussally 24 hours within this range you can water and plants will do good. wel atleast for me anyway. i know some well respected growers here water once per day. you really just need to be intuitive about it. dont do something if it doesnt seem right. just go with your gut you will figure it out! looks good so far!

3. #3 catfish cruising, Nov 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2015
    and that seedling with the three leaves is not normal. but not exatly rare, nor common. it is sort of inbetween. it just happens from time to time.

i recently had one seed pop two plants. one s a normal size fast growing specimen. the other is a small, slow growing runt. i will let it grow and take a cutting off it, because you know... fuck it it might be a diffrent pheno and when its mature it might be even more bomb and kickass than the other, maybe not who knows. well maybe i will know in a few months. strain is 707 headband by DNA Geneitcs

4. Thanks man , I was just very unsure about watering because everyone else seems to have needed to within a week, I'll lay off the Tom feed to when they flower, thanks for the input man .

I get what you mean about droopy leaves, I can already see the leaves are slightly pointing up when I see that dropping a will feed them water ;)

Good luck on your grow ;) 2 from 1 what a result lol :)!!

5. #5 catfish cruising, Nov 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2015
    Yea. first pic is clone/ mother plant box. i got in there, two og kush's 2 diffrent phenos. a pineapple chunk mother and a lemon skunk mother. there is also some clones which are awaiting rooting.

the other pic of the led is my flower box. light is 700w switching to 12/12 tomorrrow morning. see how my plants are droopy? the temps got too high for too long. my digital thermometer was reading 18.8c for three days in a row. i knew all along something wasnt right as i knew it had to be hotter in there. i reset the thermometer and it read 32c. way too high imo. i have since watered my plants and lowered the tempeture by running a cold feed intake. so within a few hours they will perk back up to normal. although it is reccomended you dont let them get to this point

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. That's cool man , how many u got in flowering? How do you find led lighting? , this is my first grow so went for HPS. I would really love to see a pic once the plants leaves perked up would be good to see comparison as a first timer ;) !

7. there is 8 plants in flower box at the moment. the led seems good as it doesnt generate much heat so its prety easy to contol temps. growth seems good. i have a journal here somewhere. il post a link

8. and you dont have to wait until flowering to feed plants. just until they get past the seedling stage. if you can you should add organic amendments and create a super soil. that way you dont need to add nutes as your soil already has everything the plants need. worth looking into if your serious about growing. just visit organics page. best way imo if you want to grow soil

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-grow-journals/1...

9. Awesome dude subbed will be following. I will start a journal soon want to have a few weeks worth of updates before I post anything!

10. [​IMG]
    I like to think of young plants as agoraphobics.. They really don't like all that open space around them.. It's still very small and I'd take a spoon and dig it up and put in a much smaller container like 3x3x3 inch square.. I like square pots as I feel they promote better root branching.. Water by weight.. Lift the container.. Is it heavy or light?? You can let one wilt to see just how feather light that pot will be when that happens.. Newbees always overwater to the point of killing the plants.. Hell I did it myself several times..
    I don't transplant until the plant has filled the cup with roots so when I invert the plant it just slips from the container with not so much as a dropped grain of soil..

3 inch cups I stay until the plants hit 10 to 12 inches tall.. Then step up to a 5x5x7.. The small steps insure the roots fill the soil again so at transplant no soil is lost and no roots are disturbed..
    [​IMG]
    While there is no one right way to get it done this is mine and has worked very well..
    [​IMG]
    5x5x7 inch pots will grow to 24 inches tall..
    BNW

11. Nice, some good info there .. But I have always been told DO NOT transplant auto flowering due to shocking them and stunting there growth which you cannot afford to do on a plant that has a timed life.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yea, I'm not a big fan of potting up autos. Start mine in their final pots and my yields are great.

Good luck, I almost bought these but went with bomb seeds instead. I'd like to follow their progress when you start a journal

13. Ahhhhh my bad I missed the Autos.. Never messed with them.. I know most say start in the final pot..
    BNW

• Like Like x 1