Small indoor cannabis project(Help I am a Beginner)

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Aeidael, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Hey guys! I have been browsing this forum for a short time now and I have decided to undergo my own small growing project!

Goals for the project:
    Just to prove to myself that I can be a successful pot botanist and maybe undergo larger projects in the future :) but for now I am not looking to maximize my yield or anything, I simply want to learn the basics and do the best job I can!

Things I have/getting very soon:

-A small closet that I would use to house one or two small plants.

-A few CFL lightbulbs and lamps

-A red solo cups to pot the plants in (if there are better, inexpensive options that would be great)

-Soil (need advice on this!)

-Ventilation system(need advice on this!)

-Seeds. I have a few saved up from some good bud that I bought (Should I specially buy seeds instead?)

Ok this is just a quick post to gather my own thoughts about the process. If anyone has up front suggestions please let me know what I can do to learn the most!!
    Tomorrow, I will post pictures of the closet and hopefully have some progress to show from the advice. I hope you guys can help me start this new experience!! ANY advice is appreciated! Happy toking!

2. for your soil ,I would prefer my own climate soil outdoors, but indoors I use man made soil .You can try any potting mix get some perlite too .It's usually not too exspensive .mix in 50/50 potting mix and perlite .That will help you flush the plants roots real fast if you decide to use fast acting bottled nutrients .Let your soil get dry good enough .When it's dry the plant can breathe better.

Find you a small to medium pot around your house ,during winter time they are cheap .Solo cups are okay too .

To get air in your space cut a hole with a drill and put a pc fan over the hole .And buy a pc fan with usb .Then buy a usb to plug converter .And plug it in and your good .Don't use to much lights if your growing in a enclosed grow space .Without air from outside flowing room can over heat .I would combine like a ufo led with a single or double T 5 fixture .If you can get ventilation outside to your room use like a 150 hps .Your trying to keep it small right?

3. Organic soil(something sold as veggie/fruit soil), optional coco or perlite for drainage/aeration, small plastic pot/ saucer, any fan to move air will work but proper ventilation is best.

4. For your soil, I would recommend organic. You have to do a little more work pre-grow than you would have to do with bagged synthetic soil, but its perfect for the beginner. You don't have to worry about monitoring your ph, flushing, measuring out nutrients...none of that. It can give you some pretty good bud, too. Go over to the organic section and ask some questions about making an organic mix. Lots of organic gurus over there.

5. #5 gardeningheaven, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2015
    i grow both organic and inorganic for testing things out .Your going to beat me up for recommending to flush your plant ?i just got frowned upon i use miracle gro organic choice gonna beat me for that too?

6. You can find out pretty much everything you need or want to know by doing some reading here on the "new grower" and "absolute beginner" threads. It's all been done before and logged here, so just get on the forum and read. My advice to you would be to become as informed about the whole grow process as possible before you even drop one seed. Understanding how to grow this plant properly is 99% of the battle. The rest of it is just equipment. So no matter how great a setup you put together, if you don't understand how to grow the plant, you're not going to get anything out of it. Also read around in the grow setup threads too for about a million possibilities on setting up a micro grow. Heck, there is a micro grow thread here too. Just take advice with a grain of salt. People on this forum are at different levels of experience and you need to make darn sure what you're being told to do is right.
    I grow in Roots Organics Original. It's expensive but a darn good soil. Growing no more than you are, it won't be a huge expense regardless. A good quality pH tester (unless you go organic) is a must for an indoor grow. pH is a major factor in whether your plants stay healthy or not, so don't let anybody fool you. It has to be right. Heat is going to be your biggest issue in a small grow space, so learn how to duct your box to pull heat out.
    One more tidbit here I'm going to throw in for good measure. You can use tap water in your plants. The treatment plants don't use chlorine anymore. They've switched to using chloramine which doesn't evaporate nor is there enough of it in your soil to negatively affect your plants. I've been using it for years straight out of the tap and pH adjusted and my plants are as healthy and pretty as anybody else's. Using RO water isn't good because it's had absolutely everything stripped out of it in the filtration process and there are actually micronutrients in water that the plant needs. I see lots of people getting deficiencies in odd things when they use RO water. Give it a try and you'll see. Good luck! TWW

7. Im not going to beat you up for using miracle gro organic choice, but if you flush a 100% organic system youre a fucking idiot. Your swamping your roots for absolutely no reason at all.

8. i grow seperate from each not mixed organic with inorganic .Just cause it's a forum doesn't mean everyone has tried it .Don't get it twisted there's been some very clever bright minds here over the past years .There's a lot of people too who do what everyone else does, but may not even be correct .experiment .An no I don't do that I would'nt bash someone for doing it .The main goal is finding new ways experimenting figuring out what makes pot more potent .If it works cool maybe i might try something