mutated plant? need some help on this one.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bhullz, Nov 27, 2015.

1. I'm using miracle grow organic choice soil ( i know, this shit sucks. it's all i could find.) i have (2) 23 watt cfls one 6500k one 2700k. i plan on getting more in the very near future. my buddy ordered these seeds from nirvana. he got 5 ice feminized, but they came with 10 free mystery seeds and he gave me a couple. the first germinated about 4 days after i put them in the paper towel and the second did not sprout. The first true leaves look very deformed, and the ones coming in now look better but still pretty fucked up. can any one tell me what's going on?
    IMG_0717.JPG IMG_0718.JPG IMG_0719.JPG IMG_0720.JPG IMG_0722.JPG IMG_0723.JPG IMG_0724.JPG IMG_0725.JPG

2. The cotyledon leaves are not deformed at all, i'm pretty sure it's not a nutrient issue, ive been giving a modest amount of water, definitely enough, but not too much. i can't think of anything that could be causing this other than a mutation of some sort.

3. I can't see the pics cause I'm on the app but, if the leaf looks mottled together like scar tissue its not an uncommon occurrence. I've had that happen to me before but the plant turned out fine.

4. Honestly, these just aren't big enough to tell anything about yet. If you do have problems, more than likely it's going to be coming from the soil you're using. As far as I know, everything MG sells is loaded with extended release fertilizers and they can burn a new seedling. If you see brown tips when the leaves do come on out a little bit, you can rest assured it's from the soil. However, there's nothing you can do about that at this point and they may get stunted a little bit, but should come out of it just fine. Just don't over water. Don't water until they have used up all the water you put in last time. And make darn sure you're pH is in the right range on the water you do give them if you want to keep them healthy throughout their lives. Watering/feeding out of correct pH range will lock the roots up on your plants and they won't be able to take in nutrition. Using tap water is fine as long as you've got it pH adjusted. No chlorine in tap water anymore. They use chloramine now and it doesn't evaporate and there isn't enough of it in tap water to hurt your plants. I've been using it straight out of the tap for several years now...just adjust the pH before I give it, and my plants are beautiful. Good luck with the babies. TWW

5. it's actually not stunted at all, she's only 6 days old as we speak. i've just never seen anything like this. hopefully she'll grow out of it in the next few nodes. I'll keep this updated. thank you and happy growing :)

6. I would give it time but usually this is because of stress and ph problems and shit like that. Theres no way its good.

7. I get growth like this now and then without any obvious reasoning. The last time I started seeds I started 15 of them and they all grew perfectly except one, that one grew like yours and they're all in the same environment so I believe either it got damaged when germinating or simply genetics. But a couple of weeks in, growth turned normal. A little behind the others but its healthy now. And I've had it in the past and they always get over it