1.8oz bubble bucket

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by kandar02, Nov 26, 2015.

1. #1 kandar02, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2015
    Hi all. I started this grow a while back and figured I'd post results. It was my first grow.

I used 10 gallon buckets. They are tall and just a bit wider than a 5 gallon bucket. The plant was totally enclosed during the grow

I used 1 bubble stone at the bottom

Plant type was ak48

Nutes used. Dynagro grow and bloom

Lightning was cfl. 4x 6500k 100w equivalent for veg and 6x 2700k 100w equivalent for flower and a strip of led lights.

Kept the ec around 1k in flowering and changed the water every 2 weeks.

Used a second 5 gallon bucket to increase water tank size

5 inch net pot

Total weight 3 weeks into curing is just under 2oz. Could have been more but mistakes were made.

The plant got a little toasted at times. Near the end. I'm now using a 100w hps that is much better in terms of plant growth and heat output.

Pictures of the plant throughout flowering. I will post the bucket layout in a bit. Posting from my phone which has no pics of it.

Attached Files:

2. I thought about those 10 ga. buckets, I figure it has to be better for root expansion. So what you dicovered is more lumens means more bloomin, I love CFL's for vegging, but bring out the big boy during bloom, I have settled in with 2 300w LED's and 1 400w (600w is better).

http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-grow-journal...

3. The bucket lid has a 100w. Hps bulb and fan 1448905832017.jpg

I can raise and lower the bulb easily and the bell shaped reflector really focuses the light much more then I realized.

What I'm not sure about is. Would the light be better mounted horizontally with a reflector over it or vertical with the bell shaped reflector. So I'm still kicking that around.

1448906050776.jpg
    This is the inside of the bucket. Air stone at the bottom. The platform inside is simply another bucket turned upside down and cut off and screwed in place to the hight at I wanted.. I cut the hole for a 5 inch netpot. Also has a fan cut into it on the side at the hight of the net pot platform

1448906247112.jpg I can stack buckets upto 6 feet high if she gets out of control. Also need the extra hight because I'm dropping the light in from the top and simply using the cord length to adjust hight.

4. You using a metal bucket? I thought that wasn't advised? What kind of metal is the bucket?

5. It is plastic. That's tape. I didn't have any reflective sheeting at the time. Duct tape on the outside is just to reduce light to the lower area where the water is

6. Why wouldn't you just get a nice 2x2 tent? It's not like that thing is stealthy..

• Like Like x 1