Getting back in the saddle

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Southeast stoner, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Hello fellow blades, starting off I'm not really the type to share my feelings and prefer to bottle my things up. So here's my fucked love story.

Me and my ex of four years broke up nearly a year ago, we had the typical relationship, small arguments here and there and lived together for three years of our relationship. I first moved in with her and her parents when my alcoholic mother kicked me out of the house. Dad stays out of the country so I had no where to go, her family took me in as a son.

Her family could be annoying and dramatic at times so my good friend hit me up on day saying he's getting a house with his girlfriend and is going to need a few roommates. Sounded perfect to me and we moved out, we moved into the new place in August. Two months into our lease my friend breaks up with his girlfriend, I still continue to be with mine and having a good time being out of her parents place. I start to notice my friend hanging out with my girl while I'm at work, I think nothing of it cause I trust both of them as I've know my friend for around 8 years or so. So Towards the end of December I get home from work and my girl has a weird look on her face, I ask her what's wrong and she says she's starting to have feelings for my friend. My heart sake as I heard those words and I knew our relationship was going to end, I couldn't even reply I just sat in anger and disgust. She began to sleep with him in his room, as I slept in our bed alone.

Onto Christmas Day we go to her parents place and my friend decides to come over, apparently my girlfriend invited him over. Anyways I decided to break up with her and tell her who she really was in front of her family. And told her merry Christmas and broke up with her. The months following were some of the hardest times for me, I felt like how my mother did when she caught my father cheating.

Fast forward 11 months and I've been single since I broke up with her, I've gone on a few dates, did the typical random hookups. At this time though I can't find anyone worth a shit to trust, I hate the fact the only person I can trust is my self and want someone to be able to make me happy and I can do the same for them. I just can't seem to get past the fact of trust. What can I do to help me get past this bullshit and be able to love again without worrying? Sorry for the long ass post I just needed to let it out. Cheers and thank you for any support I get.

2. First let me say Im sorry you had to go through that. I've been jaded as well so I understand where you're coming from.
    Let me say this, you need to focus on what makes you happy. Don't rely on a relationship to fill that space.
    As far as trust....that's tuff for me too, but the reality is you have take some risks and let people in. Pace yourseld obviously, but don't put up a wall because not all women are like that.
    I hope that helps you some. I haven't been in a real relationship in 5 years, so believe me I know it's hard.
    Also,Happy thanksgiving dude. :smoke:

3. Surely we've all been there, at least once. It's one of the worst feelings ever. Well, you could approach this 2 different ways:

1. Go find her, fuck her like the slut she is & remind her that she's a slut (not a bad option)

2. Let go of the past & stop letting it impede your life.

Face it, some people are just really shitty & nothing you can/will do can or ever will change that. Just whatever you do, don't make the assumption that all women are the same.

Me & the mother of my child just recently split up, so to an extent I feel your pain, but you can't feel mine. On a brighter note, I've since then been talking to/banging my physical therapist (obv not just about the sex, because you can fuck just about anyone with a little effort) and it's been rather refreshing to say the least. She's my age, also has a stable job & an actual house of her own, etc. So, I'm hoping that it all works out. It just kind of happened, so weird, yet so hot. I haven't fucked a girl like that in years [​IMG]

Roll up, smoke, smoke again, find music, put truck/car in D & just drive. Always clears my head

4. Thank you bro, I have been focusing on my self for the past 11 months now, I'm just tired of being alone, I don't even care for sex that much, I just like having someone to come home to after a long day besides an empty bed. I've had trust issues since I was younger and it was hard to let my ex into my life, I think I'm just better off alone ATM. One day I'll find that chick that I can help make a better person and they can do the same for me. Thanks Ron happy thanks giving to you too man!

5. Yeah I had sex with my ex about 4-5 times after we broke up, Just wasn't the same sex, I prefer passionate love making instead of random fucking, I did plenty of that when I way younger. I know the right girl is out there for me, the girls I tend to hang with are a lot older than my ex now, trying to avoid another piece of work. I'm just not used to being alone as much as I am now, I have family and friends but that can only go so far when I can't talk to them about what bothers me. Either way thanks for your response bro. Cheers bro

6. It's not the age, it's the intelligence she possesses that you should be looking for, imo.

7. Your 100% correct on that one man, I'm only 21 but a lot of people think I have the mindset of of 30 year old, I don't think like a typical 21 year old and have been through a lot of bullshit so I don't really have time for games and random fucking, I just want to find someone to be in a relationship with that I can trust. I just tend to find older women will have less bullshit than most girls my age. The girl i mainly chill with now is 28 haha. Cheers bro thank you for your response again.

8. Let me make sure I understand this.

1. Your girl admits she has feelings for your "friend".
    2. She then begins to sleep with him.
    3. You subsequently go to her house for Christmas, where you have to endure the presence of your "friend", whom she invited.
    4. THEN you decide to break up with her?

Surely I have this wrong?