Stem Rot in coco, I have no clue, PLEASE HELP if you can?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by coloradoelv8, Nov 26, 2015.

1. I have this issue I just can not solve. The base stems get all funky, discolored, and the "bard will even come off. I do not know, maybe a fungus? I use ionic, and have for 10+ years. I run my ph at 5.8-6.2. I let them dry out. SOmetimes more than others. Nothing seems to help. ARRR. Pics below. I have well water. I have used it, I have also used it through my RO. always the same issues. A neighbor has teh exact same setup, as mine used to be great, and his is great, same well water. and he does not ever do RO.

Attached Files:

2. looks fine to me...

3. It might be because you let it dry out. It almost resembles a water line on a boat dock, you see where highsnd low tide is. Especially since in most pics you see roots...and than above where the coco would be when expanded and wet. Just a guess on that though.

4. Ah, are you looking close? They are bad, cracked, discolored and not what I know they should be. Look again.

5. Check into viruses. Had some similarities in a few plants outdoors this year. A couple just up and died. Others I babied and let finish. The buds from the plants that survived were compromised. Airy, dry, not potent...etc. personally, I'd finish this round as fast as you can and start over and clean everything.

Kinda looks like this right?... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448556152.140574.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448556248.090532.jpg

6. ya, I have also let them be wet. I do not let them dry dry out, but like normal. Ya, it looks just as you describe
    , it so strange, and sometimes some it will not happen to. But I would say 80% are effected

7. The ones affected like this eventually just started to shrivel.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448556682.489925.jpg this is that plant that was like yours. Right when it started to look like this I cut off every branch that was dying except that one branch you see that was perky. After cutting all the bad spots off only one big branch remained that looked healthy. I did end up finishing that plant though.

8. A virus, that is the best I have heard, as I have thought of everything else. But if it is a virus, how to fix it? That is the question?

Thanks!