Can a Pro Clear This Up?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by wisefreek, Nov 25, 2015.

1. In regards to gauging where you are at in the flowering process, do we go by when we flip to 12's or when flowering actually starts?

Like, I say my plants are about to start week 8, but that's 8 weeks from the flip to 12s. I'm just confused on when I need to start really paying attention to trichs.

2. #2 levitate2, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2015
    I start paying attention to trichs when they start forming, I look at them everyday, I don't really go by weeks of flowering anymore because they are all different and they are gonna finish when they want, When I post pics I'll just say it's 5 weeks since I flipped or since I seen preflowers

3. #3 Pro GMO 2, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2015
    By flip since a lot of us keep vegging after she shows her sex. This gives u a ball park of when to really focus on trichomes.

4. I usually wait 7-10 days after flipping to 12/12 before I count the plant as being in actual flower. This assuming your plant was mature enough to flower anyway.

5. I always count from the flip and add a week to the recommended flowering time.

It's just to tell me when to start monitoring trichs, not a set harvest time or anything.

6. I always thought it was once they start flowering. Even if they are showing preflowers, you can tell when it actually starts flowering. The plant doesnt instantly know to start flowering once its flipped. I still consider it veg until you begin to see mini bud sites.

I wouldn't worry about trich color until you see the hairs begin to turn color, shrivel up and begin to recede back into the calyx.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

7. I consider my plants to be in flowering the first day of the flip. Start paying attention to trichs the last 2 weeks of the flowering period. All strains are not the same. My super skunk has a 8 to 9 week flowering. I'll start watching around 7 weeks in.

8. I never say "_x_ amount of weeks into flower", I use the term 12/12 in place of "flower" when describing my own grow. I expect that most people would refer to "flower" as the time spent budding, and those who say "12/12" to mean from the flip, but you can usually tell what someone means by following their grow.

9. Thicken... thanks for your tea recipes. It's working great.

10. Glad they worked out!

11. I usually call it x weeks of 12/12 to save any confusion. But my first day of flowering is when they have completed their first 12 hours of darkness. I also don't use the term "they are on week x". I say how many weeks has past. So if they are just starting week 5, just as many people say. But I say that they have been on 12/12 for 4 weeks.