Help setting up closet the best way?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Doliz, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Hello guys! First time posting, just starting up myself. Have wanted to for awhile. I plan on using one of my closets, and I have been tossing around so many different ideas on how to set this up. I already have most of the stuff I need, and my seeds should be arriving in 4 or 5 days. Would like to get the rest all set up for when they arrive. They will also be auto's for my first few grows.

I already have:

Two 300w LED's, chains, etc.
    4 10'' planters, and Fox farm ocean soil
    Digital pH meter, and pH up and down
    A fan.
    White Widow XTRM + Bianca Auto Fem seeds on the way

I will still be getting some perlite, a nice filter for smell, some bottles of nutrients, not sure which kind yet but I did read a few good ones around this forum. I would like to keep it around 4 plants at a time, and if possible I was going to try to make the box adjustable to the sizes I need, as I go. Here is a picture of my spot, and my concerns.

I believe my best option would be to use this stuff from Home Depot, basically the stuff in the 3rd picture but a bit thinner. It would help
    keep it warm for the winter and it is reflective. Would this option be my best bet, and just use the 3 walls of the closet, and build 1
    wall/door as to not use the entire closet space, and keep it compact? Will smell be a big issue trying to do it with just my closet walls,
    instead of building a box inside the closet? Trying to also save a bit of $$, and I'm sure I will need some plywood to set up a nice little drainage system also under it correct? I also have not built a lot of things before so I am no pro at it. :p

Thanks ahead of time for any input, would love to get this going and ready before seed arrive. Just as if you need any more info! Mainly looking for good tips!

Attached Files: