Who Loves Shopping Online?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jane_Bellamont, Nov 25, 2015.

1. #1 Jane_Bellamont, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2015
    I do. I just received some big ass speakers today, for music practice. It's a beautiful day.. 28 degrees. No work today or tomorrow. Going outside literally feels like opening an oven.

Only thing I hate about summer.. is the fucking flies. Maybe it's time for me to grow an army of indoor venus fly-traps.

Also - I really need to get myself a parcel box. There's so many thieves in this neighborhood, it's not even funny (mainly kleptomaniac teenagers on holiday). I also hate having to go all the way to the airport just to pickup a fucking parcel - it defeats the whole purpose of online shopping. People need to be able to receive parcels while they're at work, somehow.

[​IMG]

2. HATE thieves!!! get a job and buy your own stuff! haha. hope you enjoyed your day off!

3. Yes and no, I love online prices but also feel sorry for the local highstreet shops who have no chance of competing. Every man to themself at the end of the day!

4. I think there may even come a day where shopkeepers and cashiers will become obsolete.

Drones will drop everything you want.. to your doorstep.

5. I've thought about this and don't you think it would be just too easy to steal packages being carried by drones? Maybe I'm overthinking it but I do agree with the fact that highstreet shops in places other than massive cities will eventually dissappear.
    Quite sad really.

6. Online shopping is great, I don't even remember the last time I went into a clothing store let alone the mall. Might actually go to a store and buy a winter coat this year since I have gone the past few winters without a coat. But since last year was over -20 celcius for 2 straight months I think hoodies this year will be a breeze.

7. I do 99.9% of my shopping online stores are out dated if you aren't willing to sell online your severely limiting your market

8. #8 Deleted member 42976, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    pretty much the only thing i don't buy from the internet is groceries. i do buy my coffee online though....Death Wish FTW!!

i've been buying all of my clothes online for the better half of a decade. due to the fact i can find cooler shit on random websites than i can at the mall. when you buy something from the mall you might end up seeing someone else rocking the same shit.

i have amazon prime which i mostly use to order books, movies, video games, and other random shit i find on there.

9. I order shit while way high and hardcore research what I want and get the best option. That way I remember that I have a new Mtn bike tire coming. But I don't get to find out what make and model till it gets here!

10. #10 Jane_Bellamont, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2015
    I bought a skirt online the other day. I was a bit worried, but I tried it on - and it fit me perfectly. It's just one of my quirks, I guess - I will refuse to buy anything until it is exactly 100% what I'm looking for, right down to the microscopic level. I could spend 2 hours in the mall jumping from shop to shop, then go home with nothing.. as I did last week trying to look for.. a skirt.

I don't just normally go to the mall looking for random crap to buy. A lot of the times I imagine an outfit in my mind, then look it up on Google, then go on a treasure hunt.

Hence, why I got hooked on online shopping, and am never looking back.

11. I like the variety online. But I hate standard shipping. I get so excited for new stuff and the suspense of waiting for the package kills me

12. It's like Christmas for grownups. It wouldn't be any fun without the wait.

13. I love shopping online. Amazon Prime is so worth it if you do a lot of shopping online. Love that free 2-day shipping

14. #14 Jane_Bellamont, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2015
    I don't mind waiting, as long as it's not more than 1 week. I probably wouldn't be able to afford special premium services. I wouldn't sacrifice an extra 5 bucks just to cut the wait in half. Gotta remember that I'm a cheapskate - I only work part-time so I can have as much free time as possible, so I have to literally count every penny that I spend.//static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/wink.png

15. stores are so 2014

16. One time buying from a seller on Amazon that wasn't two day guaranteed I knew I had to wait a month for shipping, then a bit after a month the seller cancelled and I think I got refunded. However I have done the free standard shipping from Amazon overseas because I could pay a lot less converting my currency and it came way quicker than expected, like less than two weeks

17. 1 click + prime = $ going out almost as fast as it came in [​IMG] #1stworldproblems

18. I don't like to shop online cause my shit could get stolen

19. It's 28 degrees outside and it feels like a oven when you step outside?!? Did I understand that correctly?
    It gets down to 60 here in Florida and I'm freezing!

20. Fahrenheit is such an annoying measurement. Celcius FTW.. so much simpler.