Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

issue with canmabutter separation

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by butterymess, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Didn't solidify as it should have in the fridge.. Could this be because I skipped a cheesecloth? About 7/8g per stick, a bunch of water 24 hours on low in the crock though a fine mesh strainer to the fridge overnight. Suggestions?

2. How much butter did you use?

3. About 2.75 sticks

4. anyone?24 hours in a crock in low.. I don't want it to go to waste

5. I'm not sure why the butter wouldn't harden up. Never had that happen. Cheese cloth shouldn't make a difference. I don't know man, that's weird

6. Did you press the butter out of the material? I wouldn't think 20 grams could hold that much butter, but that's all I got

7. Next time avoid the water.

Butter or coconut oil work well by themselves.

Did you try a short time in the freezer? The butter should solidify before the water freezes.

8. I aggree with Skunk ... the butter may still be in plant matter ... some say 'press' which is 'correct' but i actually 'squeeze' the oil out of the plant matter using a 'jelly bag' , like a reusable cheesecloth filter holds about a cup ...then with still liquid 'warm' butter or oil i squeeze itno plastic tuperware bowl and put in fridge. THis second water filtering allows the plant matter to sink and the oil/butter to float and solidfy. FYI but be aware, using dairy butter will often seperate out fat solids (which carry THC so it weakens potency) ... Clarified butter is heated to remove these fat solids before the weed is added. Coconut Oil is best all around, as it's healthier, and more efficient vehicle for the THC, CBD, CBN etc. DO NOT AVOID WATER !!!! as it helps remove the nasty stuff in the butter, carcinigeons etc. as well as removing the plant solids.