Purple gorilla simple grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by gneextracts, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Found for seeds in my pound so I figured I'll plant them and see how it goes :)
    I'm using fox farm ocean forest soil two t5 lights and purple gorilla seeds. Feel free to join in~

2. I germinated them with a paper towel and after 2 days one of them popped. Then using tweezers I placed it into the soil about a half inch deep. And placed it under an 18/6 light cycle.

Attached Files:

3. Day 1,
    I checked the next day out of curiosity and it sprouted with the seed still attached.

Attached Files:

4. 2 hours later checked before turning light off and it was standing up :)

Attached Files:

5. Day 2
    The Lil gal looks to be pushing the seed off on it's own

Attached Files:

6. Day 3 it got a bit longer

Attached Files:

7. How it looked this morning at 11:30ish it's a good 2-3 inches long I'll mark day 4 when I get to the 24 hour mark it's still a little early

Attached Files:

8. If this is your absolute first time growing, look on youtube for a guy named "NVClosetmedgrower" He has a video series on his channel where he grows a Purple Chem OG from seed to harvest. It'll give you a complete crash course.

Looking pretty good so far though man, I'll sub in and lend a hand where I can.

Remember, no nutrients for the first 2 weeks! and make sure you water with distilled or some other kind of purified water. Brita Filter doesn't count. The best way to go about having usable water on hand without going overboard spending $$ would be to invest in a couple of those big 5 gallon blue bottles of water they sell outside of the supermarket. You invest 15-20 bucks initially for the jugs but they only cost 1.50 to refill. Pays for itself in no time.

9. I appreciate the input, I've been going through his channel since last night actually it's helped me understand a few things.

10. yeah man, just pour a drink, pack a bowl and watch the first couple episodes of that "how to grow" series It'll set you up good for the first couple of weeks.

11. Day 4
    Still a little early but I had to turn the lights off so wanted a picture right before. What I'm really curious about is if it's bad that the stem looks so stretched

Attached Files:

12. #12 *-_Chef_-*, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015
    That's what I was talking about earlier, you need to have that thing 4" from the actual bulb of the light source. Fluorescents don't generate a bunch of heat so you won't have a problem there.

also, to help stimulate root growth and get a handle on that stretch, spray some water into a sandwich bag and put that bag over the seedling around the rim of the cup

(edit)This creates humidity, at this stage in life humidity is more important to your plant than intense light.

(Edited)

13. if it gets so bad that the plant starts to flop over, just prop it up with a bit of wood, or one thing you can do is take a drinking straw, and split one side of it and put it around the stalk of the plant with one end stuck into the dirt, but really if you just move that light closer it shouldn't get too tall before it has a chance to get top heavy.

14. Would I be able to attach a 150w or 250w hps to this instead of a 400?

Attached Files:

15. Found this for cheaper

Attached Files:

16. look for a setup by a company called Ipower on amazon, its about $140 comes with reflector, hangars, 400W ballast, timer, MH and a HPS bulb. Can't beat it

17. will I be able to connect a 250w to that? I feel as tho 400 would be over kill for 1 plant

18. no way is 400 overkill for a plant, also the ballast it comes with has a knob so you can go 100% to 75% to 50%

Get a strong light, a cheap tent, and some fans. the sooner the better

19. a more powerful light means more light penetration into your canopy and denser bud formation throughout the plant, not just big tops and fluffy bullshit underneath.

Remember plants grown outside in full natural sunlight produce FAR more bud than an indoor plant. Now imagine how weak even a 1000W light is compared to direct exposure to the sun.

20. I can't seem to find the setup from that company but I found this it comes with a mechanical timer reflectors and a dimmer

Attached Files: