Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Clarification regarding baking with hashish and decarbing it properly

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by t0k3r-0, Nov 21, 2015.

1. #1 t0k3r-0, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2015
    So I've been trying different recipes with hash and always had best success when I have heated the medium for the hash to dissolve in (chocolate milk, oil etc.) to about 100 degrees Celcius and then crumbled the hashish in, stirred until it seems completely dissolved, for like 2 minutes or something and then take it from the heat. Some people recommend 20 minutes with hashish. Others hours. Can we clarify which is the single best proven method for getting the most out of hashish?

2. Decarb is best done with the raw material be it hash, bud or kief.. 40 to 60 minutes covered in a 220 degree F oven is what I use..
    If your working with true compressed hashish like I used to get in Germany in the 70s stick some on a pin-nail and torch it till it starts to smoke then fluff it up between your fingers.. Now it's open enough to decarb.. I work with dry ice kief so that step isn't needed..
    [​IMG]
    About 15 grams of 160 micron dry ice hash.. A bit of poking will flatten it out
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Decarbed and ready for use in Oil or Tincture..
    BNW

3. #3 t0k3r-0, Nov 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2015
    Wow!
    Very descriptive and good answer, just what I wanted!
    And so, for further clarification, do I have to cook it to more than the point at which it is completely dissolved in my medium after that, or should I still do those 3 hour recipes after this step aswell?
    I usually crumble the hashish very fine before putting it in my mixture aswell so that I shouldn't have to heat it and fluff it before the decarbing process if I do that.

Thanks a lot dude.

4. #4 BrassNwood, Nov 27, 2015
    Once it's been Decarbed it's activated and just eating it at that point will get you stoned.. If you want the most bang for your money with hash the Badkat canna oil method is what several of us use with excellent results.. You can cap the oil for use like that or mix it with the needed oils for general cooking in brownies and the like..
    Coconut oil is a short and medium chain triglyceride oil and enters the body very fast.. The Lecithin does what's called ( liposomal encapsulation ) together they made an incredibly strong oil..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    5 grams decarbed hash (40 min at 220 degs covered )
    1 tablespoon coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon soy lecithin liquid, powder, granules or sunflower lecithin caps can be emptied and used..
    Blend and heat covered 20 min at 220 degs then freeze.. More heat and freeze cycles will raise it's narcotic hammer effects..
    I do 4 full cycles..
    [​IMG]
    Each dish makes about 30 size (0) caps..
    BNW
    http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/742831-badkats-cannapharm-medical-grade-oil-cannabis-capsules-uv-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more.html/page-1 Kats oil thread

5. Here is something else you can use your decarbed hash in..
    [​IMG]
    Decarb hash = 40 minutes at 220 degs in a covered dish..
    1 gram of hash
    1 ounce high proof drinking grade alcohol.. I use 151 ever clear
    Shake well and add a few droppers worth to your beverage or just shoot some under your tongue..

6. #6 t0k3r-0, Nov 27, 2015
    Oh wow.
    I couldn't ask for a better answer. Will definitively try the alcohol method aswell.

Hat off to you sir [​IMG]

7. #7 ShantiSena, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2015
    It's so great to see prblems answerd with information that contradicts published authorities ... here's a link to thread with the REAL DATA ... http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/...
    data needed to understand deeper with lab results and is acdcepted published data

most 'experts' (not thread guru's but published authors, scientists etc)
    say ...

30-60 at 240 ...
    which is easy since i'm a bit LySDexic and it's like 420 right ... anyway

Decarbolization to KEIF
    FIRST THE GOODIES (to most) THC

THC
    Beginning 3.8%
    30 min at 240 f 25.4%
    60 min at 240 f 25.5%

THCA
    Beginning 24.5%
    30 min at 240 f 2.6%
    60 min at 240 f .1%
    Total Cannabanoids
    beginning 29.3%
    30 min at 240 f 30.3%
    60 min at 240 f 27%

This research tells me that 240 f at 30 min is optimal unless i desire more CBN's

the extra 30min on kief only increased .1% in THC but lost 2.7% total Cannabaniods.

If you look at the results from ___ you see that decarbing makes difference in both trim and hash/keif ... I personally do NOT decarb trim via oven method very often, as my edibles are as natural as possible using ALL the cannabinoids, not just THC, because i feel there is more medicine in the plant than just the stuff that makes us HIGH. i know dumb old hippie dood. lol.
    since you're using wax already know that in the experiement you'll see that over decarbolization can actually lose total cannabiniods. Many forget that the 'sleepy' CDN count increased as THC and CBD deteriorate. if you want sleepy CBN, then decarb longer, you can also decarb lower temp longer as long as temp high enough to crunch some carbons.

THESE LABORATORY RESULTS (basically)
    THCA (which isn't proven to be very active in humans) can be converted to THC, even the keif, hash, wax, oil, edibles etc, assuming the reached the point where the carbon atoms in the THC-DOOH deteriorate releasing that carbon (de-carbing) resulting in THC. As THC and CBD deteriorate into CBN the effect is going to be more sedative as per the higher CBN %.

btw I'm not saying 220f as mentioned above will not work just helping with ACTUAL DATA.
    actual data says it will work with longer times depending on desired results.

• Agree Agree x 1