Beginner 4 weeks into veg need help (BB)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by trippymane007, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Going on week 4 they look super healthy and I wanna throw a screen of green or scrog them I don't know how high net should be from the bubble bucket I use hydro guard and nutes anything else I should be adding usually my ph is 6.2 and also don't know the ppm and my temp of the water is 70 degrees trying to keep it low but having a hard time any things I'm missing I wanna wait they are short and stocky right now I wanna wait till the grow more to throw them in a screen ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448078013.481025.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448078031.214033.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448078049.681076.jpg

2. What's up man. I don't know about screen heights for SOG, OR SCROG but I know your PH is to high. Set it at 5.8, it can float up to 6.5. Long as you stay between 5.5-6.5 you should be good. 5.8 optimal. Other than that good looking plant.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

3. #3 mr.florista, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2015
    Heres a tutorial on scrog, this is a great reference site, I learned main-lining from this site. http://www.growweedeasy.com/scrog-tutorial#4-way-l...
    Your temp is ok, what root sup are you using? Botanicare SilicaBlast and Hydroguard will prevent root issues, you won't have to sweat temp or roots issues, aim for reservoir water to be between 60-68F, plants can grow and thrive in much warmer res temps (I have had 85 as a record) as long as beneficial organisms are present. With that being said, cooler reservoir temps mean most bad organisms can't grow in the first place, and the water can also hold more oxygen.

http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-grow-journal...

4. If you don't know your ppm, you shouldn't be trying to grow hydro. With this style of grow, the pH and ppm of nutes have everything to do with success or failure of your garden. An EC/TDS tester pen is cheap compared to what we pay for most of the stuff concerned with this hobby. I picked one up of Amazon for under $20. If you're going to stick with hydro, you will have to have a way to measure the ppm. Another excellent investment is a good quality pH tester pen. The super cheapos off Amazon and Ebay aren't worth wasting your money on and the drop kits are too hard to hone in on such a specific range. My plants were never truly healthy until I bought a good pH tester and EC/TDS tester so I knew what I was doing. Good luck! TWW

5. Well said. The two most important tools in your grow for hydro. I don't know your location or $$ situation but, here's a great deal. I have these. IMO blue lab is a top notch brand and you can get both PH and ppm pens for what amounts to $65 each US.
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=351215988808&alt=web

6. #6 mr.florista, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2015
    Until you get a ppm meter, watch the plant(s) closely, here is a link to diagnose problems, http://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-symptoms-pict..., After several years I still use this as a reference. Also, keep in mind that a deficiency/problem can take days to show signs, and the cure as well. Most importantly, don't panic if something doesnt look right, weed is very forgiving, and any correction takes a little time to show, and any effected leaves will remain as is, i.e. yellowing, spots etc. the newer growth is what to pay attention to. Question? Are you using a Recirculating System?

7. How's she doing brotha?

8. #8 dracer247, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2015
    I'd recommend adding voodoo juice. My water temp is 72 and haven't had any issues! The voodoo juice boosts root growth like crazy. http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/1389... Check out my newest pictures, they have the root growth after 12 days from seed. Your girls look big and healthy! :)

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1449312815.107716.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1449312834.924289.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1449312854.740933.jpg
    She's looking good bro :) switched them to flower

10. What Watt lights you got on those puppies? looks like CFL, right?

11. Yeah and 200 watts and got more atm

12. You could lolly pop em now to get a better look at her branching. Look at your grow and visiualize where and how the screen is going to fit. I started out with a string trellis net purchased at the hydro store.. what a waste of money. I want something that I can use over and over again. You should try the U method of screen.. where your large chicken wire is bent like a half pipe and your canopy is grown with maximum surface coverage from your weak ass CFL wattage. You will net good yealds but potency is nothing like what HID can produce in terms of turpin and tri comb production. CFL growers are having the last laugh In that product to profit ratio is off the chart when done right with auto flower strains and training techniques. The science and amount of attention given to autos is starting to pick up from serious breeders. So for less money a person can almost expect to crop out with autos and a CFL set up and make a killing. Despite the cost for auto seeds are a bit more pricey that for fem. The genetics are limited but for a commercial grower that is interested in turning a good profit CFL and auto is a good combo.