Sociopaths

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Paxalot, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Hello blades!
    So ice recently diagnosed myself with apd, with that said I'm not very "happy" about it so to speak.
    Just wondering what other people out there that have had the same situation.

2. I wouldn't recommend diagnosing yourself with ANYTHING. If you're worried about it go to a professional and get checked out. I'm not even sure what apd is, antisocial personality disorder maybe? I'm a frequent flier at my shrink's office, I know I'm crazy and I'm doing something about it so I don't kill myself or anyone else. What do you plan to do about this problem? Get crazier and crazier? I'm curious.

3. I don't know what I'm going to do, but I've 100% sure I've always been this way

4. QueenKrisR is right, OP. Never diagnose yourself. No harm in researching to match up to what your doctor has Dx'd you with, II have a therapist and I'm going to see a Psychiatrist in December (and will use both together). I had a bad nervous/mental breakdown (which isn't an actual psychological term) in September. I got put on different medications, had some added, and mentally, I'm still struggling (which is where the Psychiatrist comes in) - but I can tell you that (mentally) I'm a little better than I was in September, between the cognitive therapy and medication I take daily.

Get the help you need, get a real diagnoses from a trained and licensed professional. I can almost promise that it will get worse. I kept pushing it down and down and hiding it until I literally snapped and ended up taking myself to the ER.

5. LOL diagnosing yourself? Lol you will NEVER be happy with that. Go to a pro bro.

6. Lol i'm crazy but i'm fine with that.//static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/yay.gif

7. ETA it's the most horrible feeling on earth, you have no control of your mind, body, or emotions. I wouldn't wish a breakdown on my worst enemy.

8. I don't feel bad, I don't hate anything I'm not mad and I'm okay with this diagnosis. The only thing that would prevent me from seeking further help is the fact there is no cure.

9. Having an antisocial personality disorder isn't a disease, it is a symptom of a disease or just your personality. That is why self diagnosis is dangerous.. people latch on to the symptoms and then they usually end up creating the monster. Meaning you probably have some antisocial qualities, but now that you've latched onto a label.. subconsciously you will end up living up to that label.

Also, if you feel you've been this way your whole life.. you'd probably be more considered a psychopath. There are small differences between the 2, but when it is more in your nature than nurture, usually means psychopath.

10. I've done much much research between the two, I do not display the behavior or a physco but I do every one of the sociopath

11. Honestly.. if you think you don't display psychopathic behaviors but do display sociopathic behaviors, then that tells me you haven't done much research. Plus, if you researched numerous sources.. you'd have seen that there isn't much agreement in terms of what makes someone a sociopath. Sociopathy is a spectrum like all other aspects of the brain.. and typically overlaps with other "disorders" that are higher up in that spectrum. Psychopath, antisocial personality disorder, negative symptoms of schizophrenia, schizoid, emotional detachment, functioning autism.. probably a few others I'm missing, are all higher up in the spectrum where sociopathy is. If you display sociopathic behavior, you're going to display some behavior of all the others listed above.

12. You are what you read, so read great shit.

13. Sounds like you just might be the perfect candidate to be President!

14. Don't pay out no brain doctor to tell you shit you already know. What a crock. You know what you oughta do is? You do what anyone else who encounters adversity does-, YOU USE IT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE.
    How can you use craziness/god I fucking hate myself to your advantage? I dunno, I been stuck on that for a while myself.

15. Diseases like sociopathy are spectrum disorders, meaning everybody has these qualities within them to a degree a sociopath just experiences things on the extreme end of the spectrum. This is why self diagnosis is never recommended.