Physical withdrawal from marijuana

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by C0000koc, Nov 20, 2015.

1. OK I joined this forum just because I want to know if anyone else had experienced this. I have been a heavy pot smoker on and off since I was 18 years old and I am 35 now. When I'm in one of my "smoking phases" it is not uncommon for me to smoke up 7-10 times a day, all one hit at a time from a glass bowl. I smoke when I wake up. I smoke before I eat. I smoke after I eat. If I wake up in the middle of the night to pee, I smoke. I know it's bad for you, but I also go long periods of time without smoking, effectively as a "t break". In a given year, I will usually smoke heavily for about 2 straight months and I will be sober (I don't drink, smoke cigarettes, or do any other drugs. I do, however, take latuda for bipolar 2) for about 10 months. I estimate that over the course of my life, I have gone from being an extremely heavy, daily smoker to quitting cold turkey about 7 or 8 times. I know it's probably stressful to quit cold turkey after smoking so heavily, which could contribute to what I'm going to ask, but I find that's the best way for me to quit.
    OK so with that background, I am 100% positive that when I quit smoking pot cold turkey, I experience extreme physical withdraw symptoms. I have never felt like I was in physical danger, but I experience symptoms like not being able to eat (I know this is common because when you're used to eating high all the time, food kind of sucks when you first quit), cold sweats, light headedness, nausea, vomiting, disorientation, trouble sleeping, and aches and pains in my muscles. Without delving too deeply into my past, I will say that I have experienced physical withdrawal from a substance on two different occasions. This could also be a contributing factor to the intensity of the withdrawal symptoms I feel when quitting marijuana. But speaking from experience, I am positive that what I am experiencing is physical withdrawal symptoms.
    According to most experts, I am imagining these physical symptoms, because as far as I know it is generally acknowledged that quitting marijuana does not cause physical withdrawal. But as I said earlier, I would let any doctor strap me up to an ekg or any other instrument and measure what is happening to me, but I am convinced that what I am experiencing is real. Does anyone else experience the same thing that I do when quitting marijuana?

2. I don't get any physical symptoms, just mental. Although I do use more for medical than recreational, for sleep and anxiety.

3. Sounds like more of a habit and not an addiction

4. Do you mean me? I'd say that by the end of the two months, I am pretty heavily addicted.

5. Anxiety could explain a lot of this?

I have many of those symptoms when I have to leave the house. 😃

6. You should get your blood sugar levels checked before and during a t-break. You may be experiencing drastic changes in your blood sugar levels. You stated that food doesn't have the same appeal which means you change your eating habits. I don't know your dietary habits but I'm assuming you tend to eat more sugary-carb loaded snacks which is the norm. Or it could just be the dramatic change in calories you're supplying your body. Either way this will affect your insulin levels. You symptoms may be a reaction to these changes. Get it checked out. If that's what it is you can stop this with a simple change in your dietary habits.