Vaporizer questions/bad prior experience

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by TotallyToked, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Hi Blades,

So maybe 6 years ago now I bought a Vape, "Da Buddha" vaporizer kit.
    (http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/da-buddha-vaporizer...)

I tried it for under a week. I did turn it up enough to get the weed to turn a brownish yellow.
    The high seemed watered down (and lasted a much shorter time; maybe 30-45 minutes instead of 60-90+).
    And it severely irritated my throat--in less than a week it became very painful to breathe the vapor, and I would cough like crazy, and started coughing a lot all the time.

Swapping back to my bong fixed my throat irritation very quickly.

I am once again considering whether I should vape; smoking regularly does make me cough more than usual throughout a given day (i.e., my lungs start getting irritated if I smoke daily for a while). I'm also concerned about all the toxins in the smoke--I don't care that much if its every now and then, but daily it adds up...

Would a different vape help me? Or is my experience likely to be the same?
    (I still have Da Buddha... I could give it another shot I guess, but my instinct is that it will be no good still.)
    I don't want to drop a bunch of cash on another vape if it ends up being the same experience...
    I was eyeing the Volcano...

2. I'd say your problem lies that you took a big hits from the vape, taking smaller hits should make you cough less. I've had my pax for a while now and love it harsh? Yes but if I take small inhales I LOVE it

3. You'd probably have a better experience with a water cooled vaporizer.
    I used to own the De Verdamper and loved it, but it was pretty expensive
    and replacement parts were as well.

I now own a Herborizer out of France and find it to be as good as the
    Verdamper for about two thirds the price. Probably because their
    methods of heating are so similar.

If you own a nice Glass on Glass bong though, you can maybe find
    an attachment for it that would connect for your Da-Buddha.
    Either way, you really should consider a water cooled vape.