Should I get a maserati gransport spyder or a quatroporte?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Suckfetus, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Everything

2. Yeah the 8c is too exclusive for me lol.

No I haven't looked at pre-1975 cars. I figured they wouldn't be an option for a daily driver

3. It does look pretty dope but I remember on top gear they said it was limited to 112 mph unless it was on a racetrack. Is that true lol?

4. which is why you need a 1975 car with a 2015 drivetrain. Not just because i have one with over 350k but a 1975 MB diesel would prob be just as reliable as one of these other ars were talking about, cheaper maintenance too probably.

5. Have you heard yourself man!

An RS8 is a sick car - it would make you look successful!

This thread, however, is making you look like a sociopath.

6. #26 mercinariesgtr, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2015
    an rs8 will rip that maserati apart in pretty much all categories, reliability, comfort, speed, amenities, efficiency, braking etc. That being said ihave no idea what the costs would be for a used one, a new ones north of 100k. P.S. dont go broke trying to look rich, you dont get money by spending it on cars.

7. FWIW, persons who actually HAVE money typically KNOW very quickly whether they are in the presence of others who ALSO have money as opposed to those who are simply feigning an appearance of money.

Quite frankly, real money would be FAR more appreciative of someone in a well-maintained, older vehicle of stature...they KNOW the costs that can go into some of those.

And yes, I actually AM one of those people although few would know it to look at me precisely because I don't flaunt the funds...which is also a good way to GET the funds since funds not spent stay in an account making money for me.

8. Agree Ann. I have 2 cars. 1 is a banger and 1 is a nice second hand car. The neighbours look down their noses with their brand new cars all bought on finance. They have no idea I ear 2/3 x what they all do. My old boss (very rich) once said to me - never buy a spanking car it draws the attention of the tax man, robbers and it also makes your clients think you are over charging them. He was right, have and will always stick to that. Have a nice house though....neighbours wonder why we have shit (relatively speaking) cars though lol....

9. What is the price of maintenance on that in comparison to a current mercedes?

10. #30 Bob Barker, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2015
    I don't base success on a car.

Saying that get a new Land crusier.
    MSRP: From $80,155
    Towing capacity: 8,200 lbs
    MPG: 13 city / 18 highway
    Engine: 5.7L V8
    Horsepower: 381 HP
    [​IMG][​IMG]

11. You don't know the people I have to deal with so don't hate on me. I'm not hating on anyone here or even talking down to anyone. Just because I want a Maserati over say a Lexus I'm an asshole?

12. I'm not spending any money I don't have. I've only mentioned cars that I'll be able to get with the trade in on my car. After the trade in a 2010 quatroporte or a 2007 gransport spyder would only cost me 5-10 grand. I'm not looking at any cars outside of this price range and yes my current car is completely payed for.

Anyway I'm looking to really just find the nicest car I can get in this price range just like anyone else would and I'm leaning towards finding a convertible now. A 2009-2010 mercedes sl 550 is what I'm leaning towards specifically. You seem to be very knowledgable, would you mind telling me what you think of that car?

13. I'm just asking for advice on which car to get man chill, image is important where I live and work if you don't like it don't comment

14. #34 El Duderino, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2015

the best bang for your buck is probably going to be a mid 2000s Lexus. i would go for an IS300. oh, the pressure one can feed that mighty straight six! i always thought the gauge cluster of the IS300 looked like a nice chronograph watch...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. That doesn't work in my position because having an everyday car is making clients think I'm a fuckup and costing me sales. However thanks to what you said I will use a beater when dealing with less "uppity" people from now on and I thank you for sharing

16. You can scratch off the spyder and any other two-seater.. You're in real estate. You'll be expected to drive clients to potential listings. High-end clients especially. Most home buyers are couples. You gonna make them sit on top of each other in the passenger seat? Nothing costs you sales like "I'm can't take you and your wife to this listing, sorry".

17. Yeah, you asked for assistance from someone who is in the very demographic that you seek to appeal to. The fact that the demographic quickly susses out who is and is not a poseur seems not to penetrate whatever is passing for thought processes with you.

18. I work on it myself so dirt cheap. For example i had my injection pump go bad, this is the heart of a diesel engine and is a big intricate part. Refurbished one for my car was 1300, i got a good one for 220, put it in myself in a few hours. If you had a new cdi MB diesel and your injection pump crapped out i could not see you getting out of there for much less than 5k. Obviously if you paid someone it d be a bit more expensive than swapping youself but you get the point. I'd say its prob 1/2 as much.

The sl550s are nice but they re a dime a dozen. I live in Mass about 40 min from boston and if i dont see 5 of em everytime i go somewhere than I didnt see any. They literally outnumber honda civics in my area, only to be beaten by 3-5 series bmws and i assume its worse over by LA. Go get yourself an amg one and we can talk but something tells me theres a reason why the resale on those is so bad, a new turbo and your out 5k.

19. Haha you're blaming your car on your lack of ability to push a sale through. People buy off people they like, not people with the nicest car. I would say if you;re losing sales it's because people don't like you.

20. Father Ted wins....please close this thread!!!!!

Unless this dudes a pimp selling pussy I HATE salesmen with flashy cars. If they can afford that then they are charging me to much for what they are selling!