People who are sorta religious

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by justcallmekg, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Soo I've never been the religious type, i don't have a problem with religion or anything but its always confused me. To follow all the rules of whatever scripture you read in today's society is kinda crazy. But then again there's other people who say their Christian or Muslim and don't follow it like that, its more relaxed lets say. So can someone just explain whats right vs wrong and clarify it for me.

2. #2 Superpurpleskunk, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2015
    I'm spiritual. I don't follow any book. I meditate to connect with God, and through that I understand morals and how to live a life without hurting others. I don't hate anybody because of race or sexual orientation, i don't hate anyone, for we are all connected as one spiritually.
    In my opinion it is a waste of time to go to church every sunday/wednesday as people do, as it accomplishes nothing and only separates people farther from the truth. I meditate everyday, whether its in a seated position, or while i'm going throughout my day I slow down and experience everything i can in the present through the 5 physical senses. Enjoy everything because you are here for a reason, even when it feels like life is going nowhere. I also quit several drug addictions on my own through this process.

3. What is right and what is wrong? It is circumstantial. It depends upon who you ask.
    Even Christians bicker among themselves as to which practice is "more right" than the other.
    What is in your best interest? Recognizing powers at work far greater than you. (ie. gravity)

4. Religion, for many, is a crutch through life. Giving them definitions of the world around them and some sort of concrete "reasoning" from holy texts to help them make decisions.

It's for the weak

5. One of the most common accusations raised by Satan in the mouths of his willing subjects against
    the Gospel we promote is that we make knowledge a condition for
    salvation. Such an accusation is merely a straw man raised to evade the
    issues of the Gospel that confront professing Christians with truth and either
    reveal them to be true children of God or expose them to be false professors
    still spiritually aligned with and kin to Satan. The reason this
    particular straw man is raised against us, those who so emphasize true Gospel
    knowledge as necessary for salvation, is that we maintain emphatically that
    when God saves His elect, in conversion they all come to know and believe
    particular truths as revealed by the Holy Spirit in the preaching of the
    Gospel. The Holy Spirit always sends God's preachers to preach God's specific
    Gospel, not some ambiguous message allowing us to fill in our own blanks about
    who God is, who we as sinners are, or who Christ is and what He accomplished on
    the cross of Calvary.

We must realize that those who raise this straw man in reality do not oppose all knowledge. Most professing
    Christians believe that we must believe the “gospel” (whatever they might call
    gospel), in order to be saved. So, the issue is NOT whether we must believe
    something to be saved, but the issue is WHAT we must believe. When we start
    defining some particulars in what we call Gospel, this is where those same
    professing Christians inevitably fall off from us, and begin appealing to
    subjectivism and mysticism. To them, you need not necessarily have any clearly
    apprehended knowledge of Bible doctrine; it doesn't matter so much WHAT you
    believe as much as how you live and as long as you claim to be a “person of
    faith.” They oppose a specific knowledge, which is revealed in the Gospel of
    God's grace as we see it plainly defined in scripture. Even those who
    raise this straw man, in apparent agreement with Mk. 16:15-16, would agree that
    in salvation sinners come to know “the gospel.” Many of them would say
    that Godwould not save
    sinners apart from “the gospel” and that sinners must hear and believe “the gospel”
    to be saved. A man preaches what he considers to be saving
    knowledge. The issue then fundamentally becomes – WHAT IS THE
    GOSPEL? When we define THE Gospel, as we believe it is revealed
    in God's testimony, we begin to see the reality behind this straw man.
    Those who raise such objections to our preaching and writing are not opposing all
    knowledge, but they are opposing what we believe to be the most basic and
    fundamental Gospel truth.

The Gospel is a message not hard to be understood, it doesn't require a genius to articulate, and it
    doesn't take much time to memorize. Do you want an all-encompassing credo?
    Okay, here it is, here is my creed which determines the rest
    of our theology and aligns it consistent with the entirety of THIS God's Bible:

We BELIEVE …
    that God's specific Gospel is God's absolute and unconditional Promise to save ungodly, guilty, defiled,
    hell-deserving sinners, to give them FREELY all the blessings and
    benefits of salvation, including all the work of the Holy Spirit IN them
    (faith, repentance, perseverance), even unto final glory in heaven, and to
    entitle them FREELY to the whole inheritance of eternal life before
    they begin to serve the Lord, based solely upon the righteousness and
    holiness of the Lord Jesus Christ FREELY imputed, including the
    non-imputation of sin, and received by God-given faith. That's my creed.
    Any doctrine not in agreement with this brief statement of faith is wrong,
    false, damnable, and to be condemned as opposed to the redemptive glory of God
    and the mediatorial glory of Christ.

Attached Files:

7. The reason that we do not make knowledge a condition of salvation is that we believe God does
    not save sinners based on, yet not without, such knowledge. This is no
    contradiction to say that God saves no sinner without knowledge, yet knowledge
    is not the ground of salvation. He saves sinners based on or upon the ground of
    the imputed righteousness of Christ, but, because salvation is an act of the
    mind, God saves no sinner apart from this specific knowledge revealed to the
    understanding by the Holy Spirit in the preaching of the Gospel in order that
    God be glorified in our minds and that our hearts be established with grace.
    This Gospel knowledge, as we just defined it, so Paul said, is “revealed FROM
    [and] TO faith” (see Rom. 1:16-17). In other words, every person who has
    justifying, saving faith believes certain things concerning the righteousness
    of God, specifically as it is charged to us as our ground of justification
    before a holy God (see Rom. 3:21-28). God's goal in salvation is to glorify His
    redemptive character in the minds of His people by revealing the glory of God
    in the face of Jesus Christ (2 Cor. 4:6). God's goal in salvation is for Him to
    be understood and worshipped for the God that He is: a just God and Savior when
    He justifies the ungodly based on the righteousness of Another, transferred to
    my person and received by the faith that God gives. Faith and knowledge are
    spiritual graces given by the Holy Spirit, and they flow from Christ as He
    purchased all grace for His people. They are the fruit and result of
    Christ's work to establish righteousness for His people.

Many today will say that knowledge is not required for salvation. God says that it is and
    that apart from knowledge of His specific Gospel there is no salvation (You
    might take note of these)– Prov. 1:7; 2:3-6; Isa. 45:20-22; Jer. 9:23-24;
    31:31-34; Matt. 11:27; John 6:37-45; 17:3; 1 Cor. 2:7-16; 2 Cor. 4:3-6; Eph.
    1:9; Phil. 3:7-9; 2 Tim. 1:12. These scriptures are only few of many
    where God shows plainly that all who are saved have a specific knowledge given
    to them by the Holy Spirit through the preaching of His Word. Saving
    knowledge, upon which saving faith stands and from which flows godly
    repentance, love, obedience, worship, prayer, service, and perseverance, is
    required of all who would be saved by God's grace in Christ. Knowledge is one
    of the necessary graces of the Holy Spirit who applies what God has purposed
    before time and what Christ has purchased in time on the cross of
    Calvary. This knowledge cannot be considered a condition for salvation as
    one of the main truths included in this knowledge is that Christ ALONE, by His
    obedience and death, has met all conditions of salvation for His sheep.
    This knowledge teaches that Christ's righteousness alone demands, secures, and
    entitles God's elect to all of salvation before they know anything and before
    they make any efforts to obey God. This knowledge is necessary as one of
    God's appointed means in the application of His great salvation to His elect in
    time. This knowledge is as necessary as faith and repentance. Without
    this specific knowledge, there can be no salvation. Why not? It is because
    there can be no saving knowledge of the God who justifies the ungodly by His
    grace, nor of Christ who is the only Mediator between God and men, nor of the
    Holy Spirit who is the Spirit of life and truth, nor of the only ground of
    salvation which honors God, exalts Christ, and removes all grounds of boasting
    in sinners.

8. Oh hon, a pot growing forum is NOT the place to go to get your spirituality in check. You have absolutely NO idea who you're dealing with on one of these forums so how in the world could you or would you EVER trust someone who chooses to remain anonymous and that you know nothing about, with the condition of your soul. Who you choose to follow is the most serious and important decision you will ever make in your life so please take the time and do it right.
    God gave us all free will and He will never demand that you follow Him (unlike the Muslim faith...we don't cut off heads to convince you to convert), but he loves you enough that He offered up his son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross to cover your sins. Now if that isn't love, I don't know what is. I have two sons and I simply can't imagine giving one of my son's lives to save another. But his love was so great for man, the being that He created, that he was willing to do this for us. My relationship with Jesus Christ affords me true peace in my heart and every day life which is something I cherish. This world we live in today is one messed up place and true peace is something that isn't that easy to find.. Though his word tells us that we should be like Jesus, He doesn't expect that a being made of flesh and blood will be perfect. There was only one perfect human that ever walked the earth and that was Jesus. Once you give your heart and soul to him, he starts working on the imperfections we have and makes changes. We don't have that ability.
    I wish the situation weren't what it is and that I could meet and sit and talk with you in person. But it is what it is. If you don't have one, get yourself a Bible with a more updated translation and read. The Bible is written on an elementary school level if you can get hold of a translation that brings the language more up to date, and is easily understandable. According to my Bible, time as we know it is very limited so I truly hope and will be praying that you find the truth before it is too late. God bless!! TWW

9. You will have all your answers when you die. Until then, I highly suggest you not give a shit.

10. All this has some awesome implications when we consider that most professing Christians are either ignorant of or simply deny God's sovereignty and the doctrines of election and definite atonement. Most professing Christians believe salvation
    is conditioned on man's will, not God's, and that Christ's death is universal. Most have never considered the implications of this. First, if Christ's death is universal, it cannot, in and of itself, be effectual to any of its objects. What good will it do any sinner to believe that Christ is his personal savior when he also believes that Christ's death, in and of itself, has no real saving value at all unless man makes it effectual by the sinner's faith? Universal atonement says that Christ's death did no more for sinners in heaven than it attempted to do for sinners in hell. The sinner makes the real difference between heaven and hell. The only value this puts on Christ's atonement is that which the sinner gives it by the addition of his faith, repentance, perseverance, and obedience.

Most professing Christians actually make their faith in a false doctrine, not Christ, to be their savior. Actually, their faith is a testimony that Christ's obedience, sufferings, and death, His blood and righteousness, have no power to keep any sinner out of hell or to put any sinner in heaven. It is their faith, not Christ Himself, that removes God's wrath and gains God's favor as they set
    it along side of Christ and His inherently worthless death. Faith, then, not Christ's blood, ratifies the blessed covenant of grace. Faith, not Christ's righteousness, is their ground of salvation. This denies God's sovereignty; it denies God's holiness and justice; it denies God's grace. Therefore, anyone who believes this doctrine is lost.

11. God's sovereignty does not shut sinners out of the kingdom of heaven. But universal notions of God's purpose to save and of Christ's atonement shuts every sinner out of the kingdom of God because such notions dishonor every attribute of God's
    redemptive character and they cast shame and reproach upon Christ's Person, offices, and work of redemption. No one who so dishonors God's character and so despises Christ's Person and work is going to be in heaven.

Many use the fact that the Gospel commands sinners to believe to deny God's sovereignty in election and salvation. They object, "But sinners must believe or be damned." It is true sinners must believe. This is not the issue. The truth of God's sovereignty
    in election and salvation does not say that God will save sinners absolutely, or "no matter what." It says that God will save sinners in such a way as to glorify His character, exalt Christ, and exclude boasting in sinners.This is accomplished through God's appointed means. The issue is this: What must sinners believe? No sinner is commanded by God to believe anything that dishonors God and devalues Christ's Person and work. Therefore, no sinner is commanded to believe in a universal atonement. In fact, God forbids sinners to believe such heresy. Justifying faith, which is the requirement of the Gospel, believes that Christ's death, His atonement, is effectual and definite. Justifying faith believes that Christ's death alone makes the difference
    between heaven and hell. Justifying faith excludes all occasions for the sinner to boast in anything other than the righteousness of Christ (Gal. 6:14). Justifying faith sees that faith itself does not make the difference between
    saved and lost. Justifying rest in Christ alone! Therefore, the implication is clear: No regenerate person has ever believed, or will ever believe, in a universal atonement or conditionalelection.

Another objection has to do with the Scriptural phrase, "Whosoever will." This occurs in the Bible many times, but the issue is not simply "whosoever will." The issue "whosoever will" what? This is always qualified in Scripture by a command from God. For example - Read Mark 8:34; Revelation 22:17.

Neither one of these verses says, “Whosoever will believe what he does not want to believe," nor "Whosoever will think what he wants to think." Each "whosoever will" is qualified by a command that is directly related to the Gospel. In Mark 8:34 it has to do with following Christ and denying self. This is faith in Christ and repentance from former idolatry and dead works. It is a trust that Christ's Person and atoning work is sufficient in and of itself to remove God's wrath and gain God's favor. This necessarily excludes the possibility of a regenerate person believing in universal atonement. The "water of life" in Revelation 22:17 is eternal life conditioned on Christ alone.Again, this necessarily excludes the possibility of a regenerate person believing in universal atonement. All of this has to do with God's election of grace and Christ's particular, definite atonement. The promise is that whosoever will come to God pleading the imputed righteousness of Christ as the only ground of salvation shall be saved.
    Those who come believing a universal atonement are expecting salvation based on something other than the righteousness of Christ. By nature they will not come to God in a way that is honoring to God in Christ. But whosoever comes God's way shall be saved. They are God's elect who come believing all of salvation conditioned on Christ alone.

Apart from a saving knowledge of Christ and His righteousness as the only ground of salvation all without exception are idolaters with no fear of God before their eyes. Until we see that Christ's righteousness alone demands the salvation of every sinner for whom He died, according to God's law and justice, we cannot honor the Father or the Son. This is why universal notions of God's purpose to save and of Christ's atoning work actually shut every sinner out of the kingdom of God. Again, such notions dishonor
    every attribute of God's redemptive character and cast shame and reproach upon Christ's Person and work.

12. They're scared of dying. They don't really want to follow the religion they claim, they likely don't even believe a lot of it, but they believe enough to be scared of the pain, torture, and isolation threatened if they don't believe it. So they try to. They convince others they do, and often convince themselves. They probably know many aspects of these religions are crazy, so they will ignore them, to make believing easier. Just in case it's all true, to make some attempt to avoid pain in the afterlife.

You know what's right? You don't need any kind of god to teach it to you. In fact, it's a simple little thing that we often tell young kids. The golden rule: do unto others how you would want them to do to you. Empathize. Our tiny little monkey brains are capable of it, without any supernatural assistance.

13. God's sovereignty is the fact that He is in complete control of this universe and that He does as He pleases in the heavens and earth. It is the exercise of His supremacy. Every reasonable person admits that some sovereignty rules his life. He was not
    consulted as to whether or not he would be born; nor when, where, or what he would be born; whether in the twentieth century or
    before the flood; whether white or black, rich or poor, healthy or unhealthy; whether in America or China. God is the one who makes us to differ. He is in control as the creator and ruler of the universe. Nothing, whether good or evil, can come to pass apart from His sovereign will.

Many people believe that God created the world and then He either left it to itself or merely exerts a general influence in the world. But God actually rules in the world. Most also believe that God reacts to people and circumstances, but God is not a reactionary, changeable God who learns and adapts to circumstances as they go along. He is forever immutably sovereign. Nothing ever has or ever will come to pass apart from His sovereign will. The Bible teaches that the affairs of this universe are controlled and guided "according to the purpose of [God] who worketh all things after the counsel of His own will" (Ephesians 1:11). We conclude then that no person or circumstance can defeat His counsel or prevent or frustrate His purposes and intentions.

God reveals His absolute sovereignty in creation (Jeremiah 27:5; 32:17; Nehemiah 9:6; Psalms 50:10-12; Acts 17:24-26). God reveals His absolute sovereignty in providence which refers to God's government (1 Samuel 2:6-8; Job 42:2; Psalms 115:3; 135:6; Isaiah 46:10; Daniel 4:35; Romans 8:28). God reveals His absolute sovereignty in salvation (Isaiah 55:11; Matthew 28:18;
    Romans 9:20-24; Ephesians 1:4-5, 11, 22; 1 Peter 1:1-2). Read Isaiah 46:9-11. This is the testimony of a sovereign, powerful God who does as He pleases and who carries forth His purposes into perfect execution just as He planned from eternity. Read Isaiah 46:12-13.