Islamophobia

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by justcallmekg, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anyone ever find there surrounded by it. Sometimes i feel as if im the only person who understands that isis doesn't represent the entire muslim community like wtf its like saying all black people are thugs its completely racist.

2. Brace yourself.

3. Except in your example one is an ideology with a book that is considered beyond law and one is having more melanin in your skin...

4. true a better example would be that kkk represents the south united states while it is present it isn't the norm

5. In Australia, it seems as if a lot of people want Muslims to be second-class citizens or to go back home (which is funny as two of three of my Muslim friends are Australian-born whites).
    There's even a movement here called Reclaim Australia. It's supposed to be about bringing equality to all, but there's an anti-Islam undertone there.
    I think it's just a phase, like all the other times. In the 1920s and 30s, it was the Europeans. In the 90s, the Asians. Now, the Muslims.

There was a shooting not too long ago in a Sydney café done by a Muslim which brought out a lot of anti-Islam crap. I asked people if they'd be as upset if an Atheist or a Christian did it.I never really got a definite yes or no from most. The worst was one of my "friends" (we don't speak often) who said Muslims do more wrong than right, so yes, they'd be less upset. Like what the fuck? Really.

6. Except extremist groups are in way higher numbers and presently active not only with hate crimes but murder, capturing, torture, ieds, etc

7. ok but my point is that judging an entire demographic based on the actions of a few is wrong.

8. Statistics show "radical" ideologies lay in the majority. I don't judge the Muslim people individually and I don't think most are bad, however the Koran has archaic and barbaric laws most people take as the word of God. It is dangerous and it seems people prefer to practice Muhammad's violent teachings more than his peaceful ones.

9. We will fight them tooth and nail. The brown shirts will lose this one.

10. Stop spewing you're fucking liberal Bullshit. A critique of a philosophy is not hate or fear.

11. You must live in an ivory tower then.

12. #14 TheSuperApe, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2015
    You can critique my philosophy. But I do not perceive it as hate or fear. @fortywinks

13. #15 forty winks, Nov 17, 2015
    Islamophobia has real world consequences for many innocent people, just like radical Islam does. Nothing philosophical about what happened in Paris and similarly the violence against regular people who honestly practice their faith.

Is this liberal bs?

14. #16 popsicles, Nov 17, 2015
    Pretty sure the fbi did a study and found that 5<% of all acts of terror are committed by muslims..

Also there are approx 1.6billion muslims, to think they are all doing wrong is ludicrous.

If somebody decides to hate someone on the basis that that person is part of the same 1.6billion person club as a few other persons they hate, then they are the ones that need help..

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

15. I never disagreed with you get off my ass. The OP was ignorant bs

16. Sorry man, I thought you were speaking to me because your post was just below mine. I just assumed. Assumptions are worrisome, I guess. Apologies.

17. You know what is really sad, is that some day, you are going to take these ignorant beliefs you carry from the virtual world into the real world and when you do, your going to be persecuted for it. It must be nice to live this sheltered of a life. Like really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.