Purple Haze (Supposedly)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by steelballa, Nov 15, 2015.

1. for best results with your backyard compost I would mix it with a little bit of pro mix and a few organic soil amendments such as kelp meal, Pelletized chicken manure, fish meal or fish bone meal, alfalfa, etc etc. the Epsoma company, Dr Earth and a few others also make "blended" organic soil amendments that are really convenient. If you can mix the compost, some pro mix in the soil amendments together, moisten it thoroughly and let it sit a few weeks before using you will have constructed yourself a "water only" organic soil.

good luck

J

2. What do you think about egg shells, old fruit, and used coffee grinds?

3. Don't add any of that stuff to your grow until after it's been composted and the plants are much bigger and able to use it.. You don't need to add anything for those small plants, just water at 6.5 PH.

4. Are you sure? I can't add just add coffee grinds later on to my soil when it gets bigger?

5. Update, the little seedling looks like it died in the process of transplanting...

It is sad indeed but I should be able to order some seeds soon if work pulls out right.
    Anyways, the other guy is devloping some stretch finally too, I think the roots spreaded out enough.

6. I think the other poster was referring to your actual grow. You can use that stuff in your compost though or atleast i have seen people who do it. I really do not think acidity or lack thereof matters whatsoever in composting. After everything breaks down, i assume it balances out.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

7. that they should be properly composted first. You should not be able to distinguish what they used to be.

J

8. Yes - and it does balance out when the compost is mature.

Mature compost will have a roughly balanced pH - and that's good enough in an organic garden.

J

9. For best results compost organic matter with the exception of mulch before adding directly to soil.

J

10. Update

I stopped using any the other nutrients and started using floralicious plus.
    I am still in the miracle grow soil but I threw some dirt on top of it to try and equal it out, I'm too scared to transplant it now. I'm seeing amazing growth.
    I fimmed about a week and a half ago and Ive started lst'ing and doing some gutsy trimming.

I feel like im getting the hang of this now.

Should I raise my light at all? My light is 3.5 inches above the plant. .5 half inch from the light is too hot but Its not really stretching either.

Attached Files:

11. So, I decided to see what happens when I feed her with pirahna and the floralicious plus and I've seen great results so far. She's reacting really well to the lst and the feeding. I feel like this plant is going to grow about a foot this month at this rate untrained.

I'm not sure if its a female or male yet. Do you think I should flip to 12/12 to find out and then reveg? Or should I cut a clone and flower the mother plant and see?

Attached Files:

12. Okay so I figure its time for an update.

I recently got a 600watt Apollo Horticulture Full spectrum LED light.
    Its still in the miracle gro soil and I've been feeding it with floralicious plus, pirahna extract, and diamond nectar.

I've been really fucking impressed with the growth using the LED light. I def reccomend it so far. I've had it up for 3 days now and I have seen crazy growth along the branches. I've been LST'ing hard and topping/fimming. Tonight there is a nice sticky feel to the leaves, I haven't seen any male parts show up on it yet so I'm assuming at this point its a female. I'm thinking new years I'm going to flower this beast. The stalk itself is already a half inch thick, And im pretty sure that in flower she's gonna stretch a bit.

I have a 2.5ft box fan blowing on her during light hours also.

Its been roughly 1.5 months under a T5 H/O 4bulb light and just 3 days under the new LED.

Attached Files:

13. Sorry for the shit photos tonight. I will upload better tomorrow during her light cycle. I run it under 18/6