Purple Haze (Supposedly)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by steelballa, Nov 15, 2015.

1. #1 steelballa, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2015
    So I have acquired a purple haze seed and have reached about day 11 now, a few questions I have in mind...
    I'm using miracle gro soil; please dont hate me, also im using the houses tap water, it is supposedly well water.
    I have only used about 1gram of pirahana extract on it.
    I've been making sure the water in the house is at around 6.0-6.6ph, I've been watering it a cup of water every day (16fl oz), Its been fed the extract 3 times now and each time I've seen great growth within 12 hours after feeding it. I've also kept the lights on 24/7 still. I plan on doing so until flowering.

Is my T5 light system good all the way through veg? Would it be ok with flower if I switch the bulbs out?
    Also should I let the plant stretch some more?

Attached Files:

2. Uhmmm how many watts and use a solid container and fill it up

3. Its a T5 sunsystem new wave ballast, 4bulb, 2 cool 2 soft white.
    96watts, 120v

4. i my self have a 96watt HO T5 6500k and will use them till flowering and then go on soft HO T5

5. So yeah, I changed the container from a plastic cup to a pot, it was a good call. There was this green algae looking shit in my cup when I removed it. I put it into this pot I found in the house, It is a gallon pot with the smart air attachment on the bottom. Suppoedly it helps aerate the soil, I did notice that I had way more water drainage with it than the cup though.

Anyways, its like 15 days above soil now, I did notice that in the cup the roots were everywhere so I think its gonna spread its roots first then the canopy will form. I already fim'd the top too.

Attached Files:

6. So far there hasn't really been any growth since I've transplanted her into her final pot. I'm assuming that her root structure is growing first and then the canopy will grow. Its been two days and still no growth. The top leaves are getting a slight burn look, I think its from the soil I'm using, its miracle grow soil. ( Don't hate )

I'm pretty sure its getting nitrogen burn so im just going to water it like normal until they pass.

7. Yeah that soil will burn your plant up. Right now I would give it plain water...no piranhas.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

8. Alrighty, do you suggest adding stress to her before her night cycle? I did have it on 24/7 for the first two weeks, I just switched to 18/6

9. i think you might be over watering it. Clear containers are never good for a plants roots BTW. Also with mgrow soil you'll need to use regular water ONLY till theyre bigger for sure. keep it close to the light and water it every other day or so. make sure the top soil is dry. Too much water will kill it

10. To be safe I'd maybe water it every 3 days

11. #11 jerry111165, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2015
    It's obviously not a question of hating you - lol - just that god awful worst ever soil that you are subjecting that poor, poor plant to.

There is ALWAYS an option. Lose that soil and put your plant into something it will enjoy.

On another subject I have a very hard time believing that you have an actual Purple Haze plant. Of course I could be completely wrong but I have grown some Haze crosses from back when and have done quite a bit of research on the true Haze lineage. If you're interested (or any of you), this is quite a good background on the Haze brothers and the herb they grew back in the day in California. It's well worth reading.

Here - https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=147905

Good luck with your plant. Please get rid of that soil lol

J

Edit - by the way, IF somehow your plant was any type of a true Haze, and you may already know this, but you are looking at a 20 week minimum flowering time and could potentially be up to 28 weeks to mature. This is one of the reasons they just don't interest me anymore - the Haze crosses I've run have only gone around 18 weeks (and I could definitely gone longer) lol - although if you've got one and grow it properly through to full maturity you could be looking at pure gold - head stash only type of herb.

Indica - Stoned
    Sativa - HIGH!!

Have you ever smoked a true, pure Sativa before? If not and yours is you're in for a real treat. The high can be unlike anything you've ever smoked before - crazy crazy crazy head high that with the right Sativa can get almost to the point of psychedelia.

J

12. Yeah, next paycheck im grabbing some fox farm ocean soil, ( I used it for my last grow)

Also thank you for the heads up, I can see what you mean about it probably not being legit purple haze but its still cool though.

And yeah, I've smoked pure sativas before, I will agree too, its completely different. This current bud I picked up yesterday is most def an indica, I picked up some sativas last week to be honest. I love the feels.

I am, I've noticed that the soil is staying dry for about 2 days now and the third day its an almost dry feel about 3 inches deep.
    And thank you, I wasn't sure if clear containers were good or not. I thought it'd be cool to be able to see the big ass root ball inside of the cut but I was quickly informed to switch to a pot. So I switched to this smart pot thing, has an attachement on the inside of the pot and it allows air.

13. Holy crap jerry!!!! I guess i now know why on the East Coast i haven't personally tasted haze in damn near a decade!!! Who would want to wait a half year for flowering?!

In my current grow one of my plants was supposedly some sort of a haze, but after reading what i just read color me a skeptic.

OP i know on the street in my area people will confuse Grand Daddy Purp with Purple Haze.....

14. if you have the time take a little bit and read the thread that I linked to - it's quite enlightening as far as the real deal behind pure Sativa's and what the Haze brothers were growing back in the late 60's.

J

15. Oh I certainly will. Haze provides my favorite tasting bud....atleast from what i have tried.....never realized it was named after some Haze brothers lol

16. Wow that's interesting as hell....

17. That makes sense to me. I had another sprout up today.
    I'm hoping these will be some beautiful girls to be honest.

18. This is how close my light stays to my plants.
    Also, these are the update for the night. I'll post again tomorrow.

Attached Files:

19. dude, that Miracle Gro soil is frying your plants. There is little fertilizer pellets throughout it which dissolve. Your plants should not look yellow like they do right now. IMO if you don't swap it out very soon this could mean certain death for those fragile little seedlings.

J

20. #20 steelballa, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015
    Yeah, I figured as much. The one plant with the most growth on it is actually getting a super healthy green, the original fan leaves are yellow.

I'm gonna try a comparison with miracle gro and my backyard compost.