Paris Terror Attack Nov 2015

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by VikingToker, Nov 14, 2015.

1. 140 is the newest death toll

2. #42 forty winks, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2015
    If you fail to distinguish between Jihadi John's version of Islam and how most people practice their faith, then you are making a grave error with potentially disastrous consequences for innocent people. That's what the the radical right aims to do, and our cultural traditions of tolerance burn in the public squares of civilization. If we have to go after them, then we must. If countries want to change their immigration policies, then they should. But lets not blur that line between extremism and just regular religious believing like some here do. That's just as dangerous as what Jihadi John did, but with different victims.

3. This shit is tragic. Conflicting reports are reporting 140-160. Thoughts going out to all of France.

4. Radical Muslim minority is a myth.

5. The danger we have to be careful not to fall into is to think that the proportionality of extremists is the same within our society as it is in, say, Saudi Arabia.

I don't think most westerners are well-enough educated about what Islam actually entails in the societies where its practiced.

They decapitate homosexuals in Mecca. That's their Vatican City - if the pope was popping caps in fag's heads, don't you think we'd be a bit more up in arms?

The racist label is one we're terrified of, but Islam isn't a race, it's an ideology, a code of ethics, and morals, and laws tied to these.

We must not be afraid to criticize bad ideas, and we cannot allow ourselves to be self-censored around Islam

6. I laugh my ass off when Muslims try to use political correctness to silence their opposition.

7. [​IMG]

NYC showing France some love

If anyone knows the feeling, it's New Yorkers

8. Or talk ccciiiircles around the issue and point fingers elsewhere

Get through this interview without having an angry tick

9. That's what my post was mostly about. My worry is the negative spill over effects for the Muslims in my country. On the street I used to live, we were made up of immigrants from all over, including Muslims, Hindus, Germans, Italians, Hispanics, Hipsters and we all lived in peace. That's my civilization, my values, my life. That's my country. If you want to strap on your viking helmet and go teach them about civilization, I wish you luck. Me, I'll defend what we've managed to build up here. I'll defend my country from the right wingers who are foaming like civilizing rabid dogs. Mangy ones too boot.

And fuck that guy Shapiro. He sounds like one of those libertarian fascists.

10. I'm not for invading anywhere. I'm Norwegian ffs, we're staying where we are with our Teslas and hot cocoa.

I'm against opening the floodgates and bringing them here en masse without any kind of security or control. That is what's going on in Europe. Massive refugee influx from a wartorn place with a culture and a political state of mind completely different from my own.

Not all Muslims are bad. But a great deal of the ones from places where women are stoned to death for being raped are bad.

11. #51 forty winks, Nov 14, 2015
    I know where yer from, but in your previous post you expressed an inordinate concern for whats happening in SA, etc, so hence my comment about strapping on your viking helmet (you must admit that was funny). Floodgates opening is probably a bad idea and that is why in another post I said that if a country(s) want a different immigration policy, then they should have one. That's obvious. It's all the smearing conflation the right wingers do that I can't stand. In Canada we've just signed on to bringing 25,000 refugees. I'm all for it. We booted the last guy out in part because of his opposite stance.

12. Hey dude lemme make this clear

Fuck the right wing

Sadly, fuck everyone else too, <span class="redactor-invisible-space">I can only speak for here, but the political parties are all too terrified to be labelled as racists by the social justice crowd to even mention we have a refugee problem</span>
    <span class="redactor-invisible-space">
    </span>
    <span class="redactor-invisible-space">Like you say, it has to be planned properly, resources have to be alloted and securities have to be maintained. I am all for<span class="redactor-invisible-space"> saving people who want to leave a region that's at war, but not at the cost of my own nation's security or financial integrity.</span></span>
    <span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space">
    </span></span>
    <span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space">Taking in 25,000 is great, but Germany is faced with 1 million. It has a different impact on society, and that has to be respected without turning to the YOU RACIST!!!!!!!11 thing right away (not saying you do that, but plenty people do)</span></span>

13. #53 Father Ted, Nov 14, 2015
    Watching this unfold has shook me up and I spent much of my boy hood in Belfast.

It's a sad day, it really is a time for mourning. Bit difficult to hold a minutes silence on a forum, but the moment is deeply deeply sad.

RIP. those people.

14. Most Muslims live in Indonesia. That's odd to think. Clearly the west and middle east ate diametrically opposed to one another.

Also France has the highest Muslim population of any country in Europe so its really no surprise that something like this happened there.

I doubt there can be any reconciliation between the west and the east. Their religion is the exact opposite of how we live

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. You are teetering in that direction, though. That's the sense I'm getting from your earlier posts. Please don't go there, nothing good grows in that dark room.

16. #56 VikingToker, Nov 14, 2015
    So, it's an uncomfortable place to be when what matters most to you is only voiced by a political persuasion which is against everything else you believe in. But this one issue is so important to you that you vote that party anyway, because no other political sides are willing to take up the cry.

I have not voted right yet. But it's important that you are fully comfortable with the fact that this is the only reason why the right has grown across Europe in the recent years. No other parties<span class="redactor-invisible-space"> speak out.</span>
    </span>
    <span class="redactor-invisible-space">This is likely to change, politicians being what they are, but I hope you can also see that it's a terribly tricky spot to be put in. </span>
    </span>
    <span class="redactor-invisible-space">It is a failure<span class="redactor-invisible-space"> of the non-conservative parties<span class="redactor-invisible-space"> to embrace a political reality that (they thought) is bad for votes. The blame is not<span class="redactor-invisible-space"> on my shoulders as a citizen. Edit: To specify; we've only been hearing the right saying 'We can't handle all the refugees. None get in!' </span></span></span></span>
    <span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space">
    </span></span></span></span>
    <span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space">When the progressive should have been saying 'We can't handle all the refugees. So lets set up a plan so the most needy and stricken can get in, without unbalancing our society'. That's what I want to vote for, and have along with my father and uncle written to our local representative to say. </span></span></span></span>
    <span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space">
    </span></span></span></span>
    <span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space">But the option is not yet there.</span></span></span></span>

17. what dark room?

18. Agreed 100%. More emotion than logic in many of these posts. The ME has so many weird layers to it like VT said its not just black and white.

Fizzly states we should be there in the first place, with that same mindset we should not have intervened to stop Hitler as its the same concept for the most part.

Hitler had his own version of a perfect world of people and anybody who did not fit that criteria was murdered.

ISIS and jihadist groups in general have their own version of a perfect Islam and anybody who does not abide is murdered.

The west is there to not only eliminate jihadists, but to also teach the locals to fend for themselves. Thats hard though considering what most ME villages have going for them -low amount of food and water, hardly much if any weapons, no heavy armor, no posts, no large numbers, nada.

So what should the West do? Sit back and watch genocide happen? For fucks sake. Its not so black and white as "we shouldnt be there".

19. Nationalism boogyman.

20. Definition of Nationalism-patriotic feeling, principles, or efforts.

And what is so boogeymanish about being patriotic?