Jihadi Johnny

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Pro GMO 2, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Sheldon, what you're doing is equating the attack to other attacks to perpetuate your anti-US circlejerk. I'm sorry, but none of this is relevant to the topic. Please stop being intellectually dishonest and magically inflating events to conform to your own agenda.

2. Snarf what you're saying no one gives a shit because you're just going to yell false equivalence

3. There there baby, come here [​IMG]

4. Because they didn't. It just makes all the sheep feel better.

5. Yip.

The fuck ya's must have had sore throats the morning after.

6. Why not jail him forever

7. costs us a bunch of money to keep someone alive in a prison

I want exactly what the jihadis want

every last one of the dead

8. You are taking the bait making martyrs of them. Put him in a box in one of the CIA's torture facilities. For all we know he could be there now in a box next door to Big Ben Laden. The Americans have a major hard on for torture, the Nazi's who crossed over after WW2 were very influential.

Either way shooting him with a rocket from a drone high in the sky is not the solution. Where are the Navy Seals? At a waterpark?

9. Alright, how is this fanatical enemy best defeated?

10. Well, you could always turn Raqqa into glass, but that only eliminates the people, not the ideology. The most effective way, in my opinion, is teamwork. We need to work with our allies and Russia, and any other regional country that wishes to participate. As much as I'm against foreign intervention, I also don't want this poison to grow larger. I fully support arming the Kurds and supporting them with airstrikes, intelligence, better medical supplies, etc. If Germany, UK, France, US and Russia alone were to supply the Kurds, they would work wonders on the battlefield against Daesh.

11. By putting him on trial. Follow the bread crumbs and expose who and what is really behind him and IS.

Can't do that though, would be self defeating. The wolf will not leave the cover of the tree's unless he has to.

Easier just to blame Islam. Pump that narrative and bingo.

12. we live in a complex world populated by simple minds

13. Yes a coalition IS cull is by far the most preferable outcome. The US and British could provide aerial support and intelligence but they neither have the stomach for or indeed the mental capability for the task.

An Iranian/Russian/Chinese ground force is what is required. It will not be pretty but either of those nations could soak up 10,000 bodybags coming home. IS will have to be put to the sword one by one, there is no point negotiating with these chaps.

This would be a temporary fix, the cure would be regime change in Saudi Arabia and a secular dictator installed with a 10 year mandate to reform the country. Countries in the ME need a ruler with steel and the intelligence to make trade rather than war.

14. Put all the money in drones into training 10000 Arabic American ninjas. Slip into the Levant quielty, live in bushes, sleep in ditches

One night of unadultered bushido bonanza; like poison-on-a-thread-disguised-as-raindrops levels of invisible ninja murder

President on CNN the next day shrugging his shoulders. Shit, all our drones were parked. No idea what you're talking about over there

15. The West definitely has the stomach for the task at hand, I just don't want to see us get deep into another ground war. It's looking like we'll be in this region for the next 50 years. We do not need ground troops to be as effective as possible. Providing intelligence, arms, and air support is all we need to do to ensure success. Of course there will be other nations choosing to supply what they wish to. All it takes is cooperation.

16. Would be real nice if the Gulf states chipped in

Both for the refugees and for the ISIS-fight

The islamic world is failing itself. Europe is relucantly and unwillingly carrying the burdens of refugee care and America is reluctantly and unwillingly carrying the burdens of combat

17. So by putting him on trial, we would expose him and the ideology and it could be destroyed? (Unless I'm misunderstanding). Pretty sure putting him on trial would do absolutely nothing in affecting the ideology, and people would see him as a martyr regardless of whether we jailed him for years or killed him by a drone. Also do you think it's worth risking the lives of your troops to capture this guy and put him on trial, pay a lot to put him through a lengthy court system and decide to either kill him (very costly) or jail him for life (still pretty costly)? Seems like a waste of time and money to me.

18. Exactly.

19. Ground troops are absolutely essential, each and every IS goon needs to be slaughtered. Otherwise like al Qaeda they will just set up under a different flag. Dropping bombs is great and all but only part of the cull. You can't get them all with the cowards gun. There is also the psychological effect that a cull would have on the ME. A message would be sent loudly and clearly.

The West can't stomach casualties, that's why the US uses drones. If the Pentagon could get away with losing 10,000 young Americans they would be.