Being high at work

Discussion in 'General' started by CrashTheHippie, Nov 13, 2015.

1. #41 Buzz God, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2015
    I'm a cashier at a grocery store and i smoke before every shift. I've been doing it for 3 years and I am statistically the best cashier there so fuck it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Legit question. Not sarcasm. How does one become statistically the best cash register from the others?

Number of sales?

Speed of sales?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sometimes I'll catch a buzz before work. Unless I go out of my way to talk to people my job is pretty independent. Only thing I don't like is 2-3 hours into the shift I get tired and grumpy on the come down so I don't do it often.

My other Co worker goes out to smoke like every couple hours lol I don't think he's ever sober at work. It's better than the people who go drink in the parking lot and then go back inside to drive equipment though.

4. People are ranked based off of how many items you ring up per minute.

5. I work in a drug testing lab so I don't like to get too high before going in, and I only do a few times a month. The job is mad easy and super repetitive, so it doesn't affect my production at all...it's just it's SO easy that all we do is talk to our coworkers all day. I get quiet and awkward when I'm high, so I don't like to do it at owrk. Sometimes though...I'll jsut throw on my headphones (can only wear 1 ear) and do my shit.

When I was the closing manager at Burger King, my whole night crew and I brought in blunt after blunt every single night lmao. We smoked in the dumpster pad out back, the bathroom, on the roof, and once when it was icing/snowing I smoked by the broiler in the kitchen and blew the smoke up the vent hood. I was dealing with customers, counting inventory and cash, and still being a boss ahaha. I was easily the favorite manager.

• Like Like x 1
  6. that makes sense. So judged more on personal speed. That way a slow day at the store doesnt decimate the average lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author=""Royal Vengeance" data-cid="22176540" data-time="1448162900">that makes sense. So judged more on personal speed. That way a slow day at the store doesnt decimate the average lol
    </blockquote>
    Yeah exactly. The average is taken from the time the register is unlocked to the time it is locked so if it is a slow day, my register is locked and nothing is hurting my average.

• Like Like x 1
  8. #48 Reth, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2015
    Target and Publix both measure you on how fast you can complete the checkout. Faster you go the better your score.

I work as an industrial carpet and tile cleaner going around cleaning restaurants in the middle of the night like ihops, Denny's, carabas, pfchangs etc. Been to a few places where I'd toke with the cooks or the waiters. Job is pretty kush. Hard manual labor but like the one dude posted about mowing lawns high its the same. Sit there clean a whole store with music in my ear and be done in what feels like a few minutes was an hour and half. But I don't smoke directly before work maybe an hour or 2 and I still get a lil bit but not enough to make me stupid.

9. Oh hell yeah. It makes breaking down the grocery truck much more enjoyable.

• Like Like x 2
  10. I get high af before working at a restaurant making burritos, cleaning, etc. The effect on my performance is minimal; although I do find that, in rare cases, my performance can actually increase

11. #51 foamy, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015
    I'm not sure as i can't remember being at work and NOT being high. I dont think it will affect performance much, specially once your used to it.

12. yeah i know that feeling. trying to burn through 42 customers an hour during rush hour and/or holiday season with nonstop lines forming... it can be pretty rough. being high mellows out the moody customers who have to wait 5 minutes to get their shit and go

• Like Like x 1
  13. I do it about 50 % of the time i work. Its not a problem unless i do smoke too much or if i have too much of a load of work

14. I agree... only problem with working in a grocery store is the munchies hit hard... I work the candy isle

15. Since I started puffing I'm pretty sure I've gone to every job stoned. Even one's in professional settings.

I had a medical lab technician job a few years back at this health clinic...got salary that came out to $28/hour when I crunched the numbers, so it wasn't a bad gig at all. Fairly serious place...still, I'd go to work high everyday at 8:15am and perform lab tests/fill out reports all morning. I'd get a 2 hour lunch break, and since my job was like a 3 minute drive from my house, I'd bounce home somewhere between 1130am-Noon, put on some chillin clothes, get high, tend to my plants, watch tv, fuck around on the computer, eat some food, get high again, then throw my work clothes back on and get to work by 130-2pm. All the patients and people I worked with thought I was such a nice, wall mannered young man...nobody had a clue I was in the clouds all day, everyday.

I'm all about living the High Life [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. It's so nice to hear from someone else who doesn't work in the fast food/food industry, lmao.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Not a fan of going into work high