When to flush DWC?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by HiFL420, Nov 12, 2015.

1. I am coming to the end of my 1st grow and I am not sure when I should begin the flush. I have found tons of info about when to harvest but little to none regarding flushing, especially with DWC.

I am running a RDWC system, at the end of flower week 8 and will be flushing with RO water and clearex for last 1-2 weeks (which I think I am about ready).
    (my grow: http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-grow-journal...)

What do I look for to begin the flush?

2. #2 GoldGrower, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2015
    after about halfway through flowering the plants begin to take up a gradually weaker and weaker nutrient solution. By the time they are reaching the end the solution that they take up will have a very low ppm anyway. If you have been adjusting the reservoir's ppm to match this then flushing becomes less of an importance.

But for the last week I replace the nutrient solution with straight tap water anyway. This helps bring out the colour in the bud if the plant is genetically predispositioned to

Knowing when there is a week left is hard to explain and most of it is done without my full understanding, more of a gut feeling. Most or all of the pistils will be brown, and the calyxes will be swollen. Once you have had a few harvests you will know, but the first one is always going to be somewhat guesswork

3. Try one plant without flushing. I think u will be surprised how good it tastes. I find it a feel good step. If u want to see unbiased reviews go to the harvest section and then smoke reports. These guys were recreational smokers with many years of smoking experience. They did not know it was not flushed. So, unless u are growing for medical purposes and want the patients to feel and taste the placebo of flushing, by all means give the consumer what they want.

4. Buy a jeweler loop 10x 30 x to view tricombs... stages go clear,milky,silvery,amber,golden then red. Seasoned growers that understand curing cut she cola gets milky glands. Usually tops first bottoms secondary and then tertiary branches last ...the usual word spread by novice is when tricombs gold to red but this is to rush harvest to sell...not a process by those who grow to smoke. Proper mason jar curing 2-4 weeks achieved this slowly while saving the loss of those brittle red/gold chromes during trimming.