Black tips on stems in EZcloner?

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by MasterBaker4200, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Cut clones on 11/7. Using clonex solution. Temp hasnt reached over 72 F. Ph staying right at 6.5. Clones are staying nice and healthy looking but the tips of their bottoms are turning black. Suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. Thank you to the 160 views and not one single comment. I figured it out myself. If you need help, PM me.

Attached Files:

3. I don't know if you realize this or not, but these posts don't all immediately show up on everybody's feed. This was posted on November 11 and it didn't pop up on my feed until today. Wacky, I know. Glad you figured out what the problem was. I don't grow hydro...soil is my thing, but I did notice above that you said your pH was hanging around 6.5. Is the pH for hydro not more around the 6.0 mark? Just saw that and thought I would call it to your attention. Hope things are moving along smoothly!! TWW

4. i did not realize this! But i can see how many people have viewed, which was 160! Lol. The clonex solution i use actually needs a ph of 6.5. A healthy range is from 5.5 to 6.5. If my nutrients specifically say to ph to 6.5 then i will! Obviously it works lol. Really all i did was make sure my water temps didnt get over 75 F

5. I'm new on the forum and need desperate help myself I would feel guilty giving advice when I need a ton of it myself. Sorry I couldent help. Hope everything is going good for you again. Oldskool2405-

6. May I ask what it was you figured out ? I too am using a decided style cloner an thus far have no root growth. My res temp is controlled at 74 f and ph is between 5.73 - 5.85. A slight amount of cloned rooting solution was added. I am concerned about my air temp being a little low though (which is around 64) Any thoughts or suggestions would b great

7. Try get it your water to 6.5 pH and make sure it's your entire water source including runoffs. Your air temp should be a bit higher around the 70s. Anything that's cold in temperature won't encourage growing. Needs to be at least 65-75 range in my opinion.

8. Rite on, yeah I was having an issue with the ambient air temp for a bit but it's been hangin round 67 today, I may have to put a space heater in the area for the night tho. I'll try raising the ph a bit as well too. Thanks for the reply and I'll be sure to check back and give an update. Good lookin out tho

9. I have the same problem with my clone machine, I usually lose one or two of them like that, starts off as black tips but can rot out the whole clone. I've also had ones with black tips root and grow well lol. What did you figure out?