Coconut water for seedlings/clones

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Hashtastic, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Somebody just told me that they use coconut water on their young seedlings and clones to help them root. The idea is that a coconut is basically a giant seed and the water inside should have a bunch of nutrients and other goodies to trigger a stronger rooting action. Anyone have any experience with this? or is my buddy blowing smoke up my ass?

2. No, he's not. Young (green) coconuts are totally loaded with nutrients and enzymes to get that big ol' seed underway. You'll find that a lot of folks that garden organically use coconut water for various uses in their gardens and will find quite a bit of info on it right here at GC Organics forum.

J

3. Cool, so the younger the better pretty much?

4. Some folks use the young green coconuts that many of the Asian markets sell; some will bypass and use canned, pure coconut water and you can also find freeze dried powder that can be reconstituted.

Also, look into Aloe juice...

J

5. Aloe and coconut. I'll never grow without them. The benefits are evident almost immediately. And they really get things going.