Leaves curling down?? Help please

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NZnugs, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Can anybody tell me why the leaves are curling down my lights are 65 cm away plenty of air movement I'm thinking maby a case of nitrogen toxicity???? Any help would be great!!!!! Ps they are in the bath because I just did a flush ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1447219716.800648.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1447219762.379520.jpg

2. doesnt look like notrogen toxicity relax bro looks healty to me honestly it looks like a watering issue either over or under they do the same thing sometimes how often do you w@ter whats your feeding look like whats your temps other then that they look good and some strains just curl a little bit so relax well get to the bottom of the issue need some more details soil ph of water type of water used that kinda stuff but i promise you well get through this lol

3. also donot see much perlite in soil what type os it

4. I did a lil research and sorta concluded it to nitrogen toxicity lol I got 7 plants in 10L pots photo now is of 3 days into flower.no perlite bro just a general tomato soil from gardening shop it my first indoor grow will get prepared better next time with perlite etc will prob go hydro with a buddy pot system..the strain is Sensei Star all growin from seed I water every night .fill up 5 L container and that does all the plants and once a week I use a Kelp and hummas based supplement N 10 P 3 K 7 at a teaspoon a litre rate .i just use grey water from the taps in the bath.temps are pretty even got a big extractor fan with carbon filter keeps temp around 22 to 26 during light and around 19 20 degrees Celsius during the night.cheers for the reply bro

5. the reason i dont think toxicity is they arent extra dark nor fingering in as well just to touch on that lol but no problem

6. By no means am I any sort of expert at all - haven't grown yet, only read about it.

That said, I'm curious what your light cycle is like. How long you leaving them on/off?

My other thought would be not to water them every single night. If you've got 7 plants and fill up a 5 litre jug, every plant is getting nearly a litre per day. Seems like a lot of watering. I mean, you're filling up nearly 1/10th of that bucket with water every single day. I'd ask around before taking the advice of a newb such as myself, but.... who knows, maybe I'm on the right track.

7. #8 capt.murphy, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2015
    I'd definitely say overwatering. Water when your top 2-3" of soil is bone dry. You're loving them to death. And dont go poking around during lights out if they're in flower or you're gonna have a lot of hermies

8. I don't think it's any kind of toxicity since there isn't any discoloration. Too much water would be my guess.

9. Cheers guy light cycle was 18/6 and 12/12 now

10. 1 plant the sides of the leaves are curling up ???? Overwatering aswell?? but I hav done the flush now so il leave so 4 days then go every 2nd day watering from now on

11. Again, check with an expert, but....

I might consider doing something more like 14/10. I don't know how the plant would react long-term. Short term though, I'm picturing that drying the plant from the outside in and thus, in turn, the inside out... Make sense? And, of course, causing those leaves to perk up as they reach for the light.

That's only a theory though. I was pretty sure about the water thing. This might have a negative long-term impact.

12. I wouldn't even water them every 2nd day. Like one of the other posters said, only do it when the top few inches of soil is pretty much dry. Obviously, the top layer is going to lose moisture first due to evaporation. Underneath that, there's still water for the ladies to drink. And there's no real set schedule for how much a plant is going to drink. In a sense, it's like a human. We drink when we're thirsty, not just because it's 3:00 in the afternoon or whatnot. We try and regiment things so that the plant is totally stable and nothing really changes, but they pace themselves.

13. Over watering.
    The soil you chose will probably hold on to water a little too well. What you want to do is feel how heavy it is after watering. Then wait for a few days until you see the bottom leaves droop a little (you soil will like dry on top) keep waiting until you see that droop and then pick it up again, it should be a lot less weight. Get to know those two weights and you'll know when to water!!

14. and my light scheduals either go 24/0 12/12 or 18/6 12/12 depends on time of year and heat needs sometimes it easier to leave it on to get you through a brutal winter lol

15. MJ plants need defined wet/dry cycles throughout their life cycle. Not allowing the plant's roots to get dried enough before next water, causes big trouble. Do not water until the container is AT LEAST 80% dry. Actually, I like to let mine go until they are pretty much dead dry before I water again. This forces the roots of the plant to search out the entire pot and create a larger and stronger root ball.

16. Looks like overwatering

17. That bit about the roots is some good info. Makes perfectly logical sense, but you wouldn't typically think of it.

You think you could just babysit my first grow? I'll give ya' a nice spot on the couch and free roam of the fridge. [​IMG]