Help a Flood Drainer out?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by fortphoenix, Nov 11, 2015.

1. I'm doing a perpetual SOG F&D (2 week old clones go straight to flower) in a botanicare table with lucas formula but I'm going to do a mediumless table… the only medium will be hydroton in the netcups suspended in the air by a tray cover with frequent floods... but my problem is its perpetual and i gotta keep plant #s down so there won't be any veg tables.... clones will be 8-10" with atleast 5 or 6 budsites in "root riot" plugs in the clone box

question 1) can clones stay in a cloner 2 weeks? when would you give them nutes & how much/often would you water them? (what ppm?)

question 2) would the transplant from 18/6 in a clone box one day to flowering in hydroton f&d the next day fuck the plants up from shock or do you think they'll be alright?

thank you guys!!!

2. I don't think leaving them in the cloner for 2 weeks would be a problem. Granted, I don't use a "cloner"...just a clone tray, but two weeks in one of those is just going to give you massive roots if you take care of them right. And if they're good and healthy at that point, I don't see how throwing them over to flower would hurt either as long as you make sure your flowering lights are far enough away to give them time to adjust to the stronger light. But if you're waiting on 100% confirmation, you'll have to hang on for a real hydro person to help. Good luck with it! TWW

3. wow thanks for the reply man! and yeah what i meant was a clone tray but I'm hoping its would be a smooth transplant i just dont want the plants to go into shock or something like that because the roots have to adjust to the hydroton, light & watering cycle but now that you mention it i guess they should be straight along as the roots are well developed

4. I transition from a DIY bubblier for clones/seedlings to my DIY Mini-Me F & D

When I run out of space but have plants left over, I simply leave them in the bubbler

Long ago I replaced shitty hydroton with polished ornamental stones from Dollar Store. Come by my thread to see it from start to now 3rd week of flower

Attached Files:

5. yeah i was just on your LED thread, i noticed you basically do what i want to do but to a way smaller scale. theres no medium in the containers just in the net pots righht? you must have to flood like every hour 24/7, no? and to be honest id rather not use hydroton but I'm afraid it'd be the only thing that'd guarantee work. I'm scared to use some rocks like you have and it not work cause theres no water absorption from the ornamental rocks. granted theres moisture in the tray under the cover plus like an 1/8 of water chilling at the bottom of the tray if left flat

6. #6 Peflora, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2015
    Phoenix, during lights on I flood every 1-2 hours. I use a deep cycle timer. It takes ~ 25 seconds to flood my 2g totes (to the top of the rocks) using a 160 gph pump

7. ahh i gotcha, are you vegging the plants that go in that table at all?

8. #8 Peflora, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2015
    I veg in a bubbler, so they're slurping 24/7

at a certain point I transfer the best plants to my flower area, which is F & D

9. ohh ok i gotcha