2 Platinum p600 LED lights in a 4x4x8 tent grow journal DWC

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by dannyboy6666, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Hard to read the plants under led lights.
    This chart may help you diagnose deficiencies/toxicities.

image.jpg

2. I would love to see pics of the flowers you get from those p600 looking closely at the p1200's to replace my 1000 w HPS but I wanna see what they are capable of first! looking good!
    peace

3. Looking good in here, subbed!
    I've been lurking and I'm sure others do too lol
    I got crazy calcium deficiency in DWC under led so do others. Did it get sorted by upping the calmag?
    Also, I got rootrot but cleared it right up with a "heisenberg tea"
    Can't go wrong with hydroguard tho 🏼

4. It's calcium def, under LED they want it and they want a lot of it. Same thing happened to me

5. wow, I'm really pumped that you guys chimed in and hopefully you'll check out my progress along the way..
    I work 50-65 hours a week selling cars so I rarely have the time that I should be putting into these girls.

I think my main problem is I've been using sensi bloom when they're vegging. I've only swapped out the girl scout cookie and ultimate purple and those are the two that are doing really well so I really think it's the nutes I've been using.

I'm going to swap out the two smaller plants today. I'll give them a week or two to rebound but if they don't , they're coming out. I think two healthy girls LST'd, will fill up my 4x4 tent well enough.

Happy turkeyday day

-DB6666

6. #26 dannyboy6666, Nov 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2015
    Day 27 of veg for the two bigger plants and day 20 for the two smaller ones.
    I have finally changed out all the reservoirs so hopefully they start to look better now that I'm using the lucas formula. I can literally already tell that the newer growth after only 24 hrs after changing the rez's out is starting to look better.
    Little bit of black roots on the girl scout cookie I noticed but I added H2o2 (3ml) in 3 gallons. This worked great on my ultimate purple (biggest plant).
    I'll update the status of the roots in a day or two to show how well this works works.
    For nutes I'm using jungle juice locus formula.
    In about 3 gallons of RO water I'm using 8ml micro
    16ml bloom
    4ml terminator
    10ml calmag botanicare
    4 drops rapid start
    Ph @ 5.6
    Ppm's @ ~510

Edit: see how huge those fan leaves are?? I'm starting to wonder if it's possible to have too big of leaves to where the bottom branches won't get any light. I think the co2 thing that I have in my tent is really helping. I wonder if bigger fan leaves means figure buds??

Attached Files:

7. Today I started lst'n the two bigger plants.

All 4 plants are starting to look great! These things grow 2 to 3 times as fast as my last soil grow.

I hope I did the LST correctly.

Attached Files:

8. Looks good!

9. #29 dannyboy6666, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2015
    Some updated pictures on day 2 after LST. I may have waited too long because these stalks are fat!
    Well see if it still works. I might do LST on the two smaller plants on Tuesday
    All and all they have all seemed to have bounced back nicely and they all look very healthy.
    -DB6666

Attached Files:

10. #30 dannyboy6666, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2015
    Day 29 into veg..
    it's starting to look like I have 4 or 5 tops going on the ultimate purple. She's looking very good.
    I'm planning to flip over to 12/12 and start flowering in about 2 weeks or so.

Attached Files:

11. hello fellow tokers,

Today is a big day. I harvested the blue mazer that was oodly in my text and some how created awesome smelling and looking buds with my led lights on veg setting. Good thing it was an auto or it probably wouldn't have flowered.

Today is day 32 of veg on the two bigger plants and day 25 on the two smaller plants.

I will be switching over to flower in just under 2 weeks. I'll get a roots picture on my next update but I can say the roots are getting huge and look white as can be.

I'll be switching out the rez's Friday and will up the nutrients since the plants aren't as green looking as I'd like.

I topped the two smaller plants and will LST them when they recover. The two bigger plants I will be just lst'n. I will see how will yeild better results.

Take care and smoke on [​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. Hey Mudslide Slim,

So far so good. I'm loving these lights and the plants seem to enjoy them as well. Hopefully you stick around and see how they come out. I'm told the p600's are very close to the same power as a 1000w light so you should consider two p600's like I have going so you can get better coverage. What size is your grow space?

13. Nothing too crazy big. I'll definitely be around. I'm really interested because of energy saving, heat reduction and the ability to veg and flower under the same lights. If I can kick the HPS's to the curb without losing quality, and without losing tooo much quantity it would totally be worth if to me. People have a hard time adjusting their thinking most people I know are so afraid of change they continue to cost themselves money and hang onto stupid systems rather than to change with the times. I am not one of these sticks in the Mud. God bless their hearts.

14. If your space isn't too big you'd be better off going with 2 p600's rather than 1 p1200. I did two p600's so I can get better coverage and as far as the heat issues, I have none. My rez's stay right around 67 to 71 degrees and I use an oscillating fan just to get the Co2 spread around.

So far these lights seem to be kicking ass. I did a good amount of research before I bought these led's and they are one of the best growing lights you can get.

I'm going to check out your journal tonight when I get home.

-DB6666

15. You plan on topping that big girl to give her more cola heads?

16. Hey Dnoz78,

Welcome buddy. Yeah, so I ended up topping the two big girls yesterday morning. I was going to just LST the two bigger plants but figured I should top them all and do LST as well.

I'm Considering getting another 4x4 tent to get the two smaller plants out and into their own since they're about a week behind. I have a 600watt HM and HPS light that I could use. Not sure how they'll respond going from led's to HPS but I think I'll fill out the tent fine with 2 plants. I could just leave all 4 in the tent and see how they come out as well. That's more than likely what I'll do.

Any recommendations?

17. Cant grow on Cal-mag alone. I use a 3 part nute, grow, micro, and bloom by General Hydroponics.
    The brown stuff on the roots is a concern, order some great white, it's worth it's weight in gold.
    You can kinda follow my grow, I'm using a mars II 900w LED. I have my light about 20 inches from the plants and they love it so far. I hit 12\\12 last week, so should see hair next week.
    My current grow is in my signature.
    I'll drag up a chair and watch, contribute if I can, I try to pay it forward.
    HD

18. Oh the great white is a root inoculant with the good bacteria and will fight and kill root rot. I don't grow without it.

19. In my experience, SCROG can be more annoying as they limit ones ability to move throughout the garden and if you aren't using a drip irrigation system, then it makes watering a bit tougher, but you have DWC which I have no expereince with, seems like it might make changing the reservoirs a tad more complicated, I dunno. That being said, it maybe takes me about an hour to set up, and I am not claiming to know anything really but I have tried without SCROG and with SCROG. I have found my SCROG runs to yield better for me personally. I like how evenly and mathematically one can train the canopy w SCROG, and I enjopy the security of knowing I will not come home to broken branches. Bamboo stakes are also great, just please be careful of your eyeballs, they can be a hazardous (stabbing your eye out while leaning in trying to get a closer look at them shiny nugs) or maybe that's just me.... and also stake before needed to avoid aforementioned problem. With a tent, the nice thing is, you can just attach the scrog to the tent poles, no frame required. It's really all about preferences and priorities.

Attached Files:

20. #40 dannyboy6666, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2015
    What is up guys,

Looks like I'll be doing a scrog. Nice
    looking plants.
    ... But for now I'll be cutting up this dank bud.

Edit: I forgot the picture lol

-DB6666[​IMG]

Attached Files: