Aaarrggh MFLB batteries leading to sad times :-(

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Davina, Nov 8, 2015.

1. #1 Davina, Nov 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2015
    I love my MFLB. I intend to get a mains power supply asap but finances mean I am stuck with using the batteries for the next couple of weeks.

The batteries are driving me mental! They are often overheating when charging which I presume means they're shorting out and being less efficient... I'm sure they're just not getting hot enough.

Anyone else have experience of them overheating when charging? Any tips? I'm into my third month and already on my second set of batteries, which have already overheated in the charger. Nb - they're not being left in the charger fully charged, they're overheating while still charging.

Infuriating!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

2. #2 lwien, Nov 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2015
    My batteries NEVER come off the charger hot. Warm, yes, but not hot. And this holds true for the original batts that I got with my 4 year old MFLB as well as the new Glyph batteries that I just got.

Must be because I don't use the chargers that MFLB provides. I also don't over discharge the batts when in use.

3. Yeah my batteries sometimes get way too hot when charging. Although, I can't say that it directly affects the life of the batteries. I'd say just make sure to keep them close and watch them. Maybe even take them off before the indicator light goes green. I'm on my 3rd or 4th set now, they definitely go quickly. Investing in that wall charger should really be a step up.

I remember once I started charging the batteries and went away for the weekend. Was freaking out the whole time, and came back to the deadest lil pieces of metal.

4. I can. Hot batteries DEFINITELY affects the lifespan of the batts.

5. Charge your batteries 1 at a time. They don't get hot this way and you'll always have one on deck.

6. The stock charger included with the mflb is garbage poo. Find a decent multi chem charger like a nitecire i2. The charger could be the problem with the heat.

If you were shorting out the batteries, you would know. If you take a, aa battery and a paper clip. Short out the terminals and see what happens.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

7. I'm getting to know my MFLB a lot better in recent weeks after sending TWO Pax vapes in for repair (one turned out to be a counterfeit I'd bought on ebay; the other was a little over two years old and had stopped recharging). No issues with the batteries so far - though I do use thedavesiknow's strategy of recharging them one at a time ...