Spooks 600w 4 x GHS White Widow Coco Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by spook666, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Hi,

I've decided to start a journal on my grow. This is not my first grow. But it will be the first one where I actually complete a journal, and with more to come! Thanks for stopping in and I can't wait to get to the JUICY part!

Well here's my info on my grow:

• Strain : I am growing 4 White Widow seeds from Greenhouse Seed Company.
    • Started : The seedlings broke the soil on October 8th, 2015.
    • Room : My setup is in a 3x4x8 closet with a panda film zipper door.
    • Pots : I planted the seeds into 7 Gallon pots filled with 5 Gallons of Coco Coir each for Veg/Flower.
    • Medium : I am using General Hydroponic's CocoTek Coco Coir.
    • Ventilation : Carbon Filter > 6" 440 CFM Inline Fan > Air Cooled Hood > Exhaust outside, Passive Intake and 20" Oscillating Fan.
    • Light :<ul><li>Seedling : 24/0 Hours 78 watts of Compact Fluorescent Lights.
    • Vegetative : 18/6 Hours 600 watt Metal Halide in an air cooled hood.
    • Flowering : 12/12 Hours 600 watt High Pressure Sodium in an air cooled hood.
    </li>[*]Temperature : The temperature drops to 20C when lights off and stays at 24C when lights on.[*]Humidity : The RH is 30% - 40%.[*]Feeding :
    • <li>I am using the top feed method with .5 - 2 Liters drain to waste everyday.
    • I am using the 3 Part Grow/Micro/Bloom from Holland Secret and CAL-MAX from GROTEK
    • I premix 28 Liters of water and nutrients and adjust to pH 5.8 before watering every time.
    • I am using a HM Digital pH Meter and a HM Digital TDS/EC Meter.
    </li></ul>

I'll be updating on November 10th, 2015 with some pictures from the beginning until now.

Thanks for checking this out, I hope everyone enjoys it and we get to see some good pics from this grow.

Spook.

2. Well I've got pics now. I'm not going to be posting very frequently until I get my babies into flowering. But for the meantime I'll be posting about every week. They are doing VERY good. When they were younger, like a week ago, they went through a transplant shock but since that time... You'll see. So proud lol. I have to say this is my best setup I've had yet. Through all my grows I've never had more than a 250w MH and some CFL's. But now I've got everything in my setup that I actually need and the difference is awesome. Except 1 grow I had a 250w CFL and it did F'n good job for veg. But I've never had an actual quality setup like what I have now. It was an investment that I am very happy to have purchased.

So right now my babes are 5 weeks old. I've never tried White Widow and from my experience so far I can tell it is a really strong strain growing wise. They are getting thicker and taller and even halfway through the day I can see a difference. They don't seem to like too strong of nutes yet. I have had them at 300 ppm for a week now and they love it but anymore and I get some burnage. I'm going to be hooking up a dip-line irrigation system for them. I just know that it's going to be a pain in the ass in the future to actually fit in my room with all those ladies once they hit puberty and start filling out there buds so I wanna make sure they stay happy.

I also going to be building a mother/clone room at the top of my room. There is a shelf up top that I could seal of and set up some T5HO lights. I would like to have my grows perpetual so that there isn't a long wait between harvests. I would like to have a few strains in there but for now I'm just doing one at a time that way I can learn what the strain is like before I have them all mixed in one room. That way I can tell their different needs, so I'll try and find the strains that I like the best and are similar to each other eating wise and height wise.

Well enough of the talking and I'll get some pics up of my babes!

First the room and supplies. There's a fan and filter hooked up on the top pushing air out through the ceiling to outside. The lights a 600w MH in these pics. -

Facebook-20151111-061326.jpg

Facebook-20151111-061338.jpg

Facebook-20151111-061429.jpg

Facebook-20151111-061435.jpg

Now one of the seedlings at about a week. -

Facebook-20151111-061850.jpg

Here's the transplant shock. Pics are from Halloween. Maybe they just dressed up as dying plants to scare me lol! I have trimmed off the dead leaves since then and they are doing amazing now can't even tell they were sick at one point. -

Facebook-20151111-061251.jpg

Facebook-20151111-061301.jpg

And finally the babes today. There's 3 that look all alike almost identical and the one in the top right corner seems to be a different phenotype with shorter leaves and more rounded but still lookin' good. -

Facebook-20151111-061218.jpg

Facebook-20151111-061230.jpg

Facebook-20151111-061224.jpg

Well there's my update! See ya later and I'll be back soon with more pics and progress!

Thanks and peace,

Spook.

3. Everything is going good. I let the pots dry up a bit to make the roots grow more and it worked really well. I also adjusted the light to 12" away. They seem to like it better than the light being 10" so I'll be measuring the tops and changing daily. I'm thinking about topping so I'm doing some research right now on the best way to grow in a 3x4x8 with a 600w MH/HPS air cooled hood. When I decide what I do I will post an update.

PEACE,

Spook.

4. ELLO' EVERYBODY! lol

So today is my first 12 hour day as I have switched over to flowering. I will be doing more regular updates now that I am in the flowering stage. And I will add some pics later. (hopefully today/tonight).

Everything is going very well. My 2 tallest babes are 16" tall and the other 2 babes are just behind at 12" tall. All 4 are about 14"-16" wide. So it will be a pretty even canopy, I'm hoping. I will be keeping the 600w MH on for the first 10 days of Flowering then I will be switching to the 600w HPS for the rest until the last 2-3 weeks I'll be adding the MH back.

All 4 plants have shown pre-flowers and they are female. [​IMG]

I was thinking about clones, but I'm just going to grow these plants all the way through. My next grow I will be adding a Reverse Osmosis System, an Automated Watering System and a Clone/Mother Room. I have noticed that with the tap water I just can't dial the nutrients in exactly where they should be. Not that they aren't doing good already... But I want the best for my babes so they give the best back to me! lol

So ya...

4 WW under 600w MH Flowering Day 1 Pics coming later tonight.

PEACE,

Spook.

5. I forgot to add that I am looking to follow along as someone else grows too. So drop a comment and let me know. I think it would be sick and chill to hear from one of you guys and then I could watch your grow as mine progresses. I am hoping to find a grow journal around/at the same time as mine or pretty close so that I can compare and we could see how our different techniques benefit our grows.

THANKS & PEACE,

Spook.

6. Hey man, I'm just finishing up some Seedsman White Widow in coco. I use a pretty bad ass method in coco prefected by Ironhead, a user on here. Feel free to stop on by some time, I have my grows very documented.

The method I use uses tap water, and doesn't require you to pH or ppm.

This is one of her buds on day 65.

I'm not sure exactly how greenhouse's WW is genetically compared to Shanti's, but I'm assuming they are very close, if not the same. But I emailed Seedsman a while back about what I have, they said they get their genetics from a private breeder in the netherlands and that his white widow genetics come from Shanti... and this here is definitely going to go to at least 75 days I figure.

Attached Files:

7. Looks like everything is going real nice! I just got a room all set up myself and I think I finally have everything bought, and good to go. This won't be my first grow, but, I am going to be growing in a very similar style to you. So I'll be keeping a close eye on the progress. Keep it up bud![​IMG]

8. Hey guys. Ya I checked out that Ironhead method and I'm going to do it next round.I have a butt load of pics to upload. I am almost finished this grow right now I'm at 7 weeks and 5 days. I am guessing I have about a week to 2 weeks left. I've checked the trichomes with a scope and it's getting close. I am having a problem with some of my leaves tho. The top fan leaves are yellowing and have some brown spots. I've been feeding them with the Holland Secret 3 part nutrient schedule and with 8ml/4L cal mag added. pH 5.8 and with tap water. Not sure if it's part of flowering or if I'm deficient or what.I'll post a pic in a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk