Intro Tips and Tricks for Tokers

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Spark_Lord, Nov 7, 2015.

1. With the spreading legalization of marijuana across the U.S., with the recent unfortunate exception of Ohio, I thought I'd give a few old school smoker tips and tricks for the new wave of blazers to smooth out the potential stress of into toking sessions. I'm currently a college junior who has been blazing since the 8th grade so I've got just under a decade of experience and I know that's probably less than a lot of folks on here but I still know my shizzle when it comes to the bomb digidizzle haha.

1. Don't Stress While You Smoke Sess: I know this seems like a no brainer to steady smokers such as myself because its the whole point aside from its vast multitude of medical benefits and impossibility to overdose on. But I certainly remember my first time being pretty stressful, mainly because of the situation, but also because of my mindset. I was a broke ass kid in the city smoking in a public park at midnight with a group of 5 people and we actually ended up almost being seen by the cops which sketched my newbie ass half to death haha.

Anyways, the best way to maintain a level head with the Mary Jane is to do your research first, as you should with any drug, prescription, recreational or otherwise, because once you understand you're more likely to die eating a peanut than smoking weed, because it has never killed a single human being in history, it's a lot easier to relax. The second tip would be your choice of company and locale, if your being introduced to bud by experienced stoners don't just tag along to a big sesh with all of their homies you don't know, stick with people you're cool with in an environment you're comfortable in and crank up some chill jams, it's a lot more fun than 15 bros throwing around slang you don't know and making you feel bad because you harshed the bud or bogart the blunt or what have you.

2. How to Prevent Red Eyes/Cotton Mouth: This is a typical toker troupe that a lot of guys I know and have smoked with for years still haven't quite gotten down. However, to keep from getting blood shot eyes while smoking you simply have to understand the cause of them, you aren't blinking. Just routinely remind yourself to blink every time your eyes feel dry or you see yourself in a mirror, they'll fix themselves as always. Same goes with cotton mouth, smoke dries out your mouth, if you don't have a drink, just run your tounge along the roof of your mouth until it naturally replaces the saliva. The THC in cannabis, which is found naturally in the body of every human being and most living organism, serves to increase the functioning capacity of your audiovisual senses.

This is why food tastes better, taste bud functionality increases. Music sounds better, the ear drum resonant vibration deepens. You're generally more creative and deeper thinking the creative center of your cerebral cortex kicks into overdrive thinking of many more things at once than you usually could, can get side tracked more easily without controlled focus. Movies and games are funnier/more visually immersive because your unblinking eyes are much more focused and colors become more vibrant, this can also cause what some call snap shot vision, your brain literally processing time at a higher speed than usual so every blink seems like a strobe light effect, can be cured with calm).

3. Things to Do When You're Feeling Trippy (Sativa or Indica): First of, for those who don't know, sativa is the lighter often bright green colored strand of weed which increases your physically active aspirations and livens you up. While indica is the darker (purp, dark green, etc.) strand which elevates your mental capacity and increases your intellectual intuitiveness and can also make you sleepy because you can think yourself to the point of exhaustion without even realizing it.

When it comes to sativa this is your active high, you'll want to go outside, play basketball, football, futbal, or whichever sport you support, go for a run, go hiking, go for a bike ride, skate board, snowboard, skiing, swimming, boating. Anything that seems like a fun physically active time is good for a sativa strain, it's also a good work out weed. To keep myself active while I'm smoking I usually put a pull up bar and two push up pads on the floor in the door way of my toking dojo and I'll do 10 or so wide, mid, short and 1 armed push ups and pull ups every time I go into or out of the room.

In terms of sativa, this is the smoke some and chill strand. Get some pizza, brews, slushies, chips, whatever your favorite snacks are. Turn on a really good, weird trippy movie, sci-fis, stoner comedies and cartoons are generally your best bet for a good smoke sesh. Turn on some great, relaxing music, hip hop, rock, reggae, soul, EDM, or whichever you prefer and just relax and have fun. This is also the type of weed that is generally good to practice exercising your creative skills with, even if you're terrible at them haha. Playing music, writing stories, painting or drawing pictures, designing clothes and thinking of things that are important to you and how to improve your life and your world are generally a good time when you've got an indica high and can help us overcome the typical toker's stereotype together.

Well those are my first time toker's tips and tricks, hope you guys enjoyed. Leave a comment with questions, input or whatever you wanna talk about below and peace and love to all my pot roasting people haha.

View attachment 1914853