How I saved on MFLB batteries

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by humble toker, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Head shops sell batteries for about $10 each. I went to Walmart and bought a pack of 4 NiMH batteries (it's only NiMH that works with the Magic Flight!), 2300 mAh (which is quite good) for $15 Canadian. So, each battery cost me about C$3.75, which is almost three times cheaper than buying them from head shops. Of course I spent some time peeling them and getting rid of that sticky shit that remains after removing the wrapping, but the result is worth the effort. These batteries work perfectly with both the standard MFLB charger and with any other NiMH chargers (I have a few at home from some old devices like cameras, etc.).

• Like Like x 1
  2. But...........they don't have the ideal discharge curve in the MFLB as the MFLB glyphs have.

3. #3 humble toker, Nov 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2015
    SOrry, I don't have a degree in physics [​IMG]

Anyway, I got high using them-despite lack of a degree in physics, and even despite some problems with the discharge curve and glyphs ;)

4. I don't have a degree in physics either but let me elaborate. What I meant in regards to the discharge curve is that typically with regular batteries, as you use them, they lose their charge and as they lose their charge, they get weaker and provide less powerful hits as the battery discharges until you finally have to charge them again.

The Glyphs were designed specifically for the MFLB and as such, the hits do not get weaker or as weak as the batteries slowly lose their charge. They'll just stop working when they need to be charged again.

Hope that helps to explain it a bit better.

• Like Like x 1
  5. That makes sense!

6. ...I just wanted to say that my MFLB batteries were rather shitty. What's the use of paying more if it's going to be shit anyway?