Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Acid reflux Please help . Can weed make it worse?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by halfbakeddd, Nov 3, 2015.

1. I'm 22 and I have acid reflux , fucking sucks. I stopped smoking weed for like 2 months now which is how long I've been diagnosed with acid reflux and now I want to start back smoking but is there any strains out there that would be cool for me to start back off with . I guess I'm just scared of the side effects to kick in from the reflux one of them is palpitations which is when I think my heart is beating faster than it usually is , and therefore I freak out and run to the ER . I don't want that to happen I just want a chill smoke session like I used to have

2. If you have acid reflux, don't smoke tobacco or cannabis. Smoking will aggravate reflux. Find another way to enjoy cannabis, like vaping or edibles. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

And if you're on reflux meds, get off them ASAP. They really mess up the bacterial balance in your gut, which can leave you prone to really nasty stuff like C.difficile. I had to find that out the hard way. And if you have to take an antibiotic, take a probiotic called Saccharomyces Boulardii at the same time.

This is what you do for reflux and it's natural (this will not help you if you're smoking): put one teaspoon of unfiltered, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar (eg. Bragg, Eden, Filsinger's) in one cup (8oz) of water and sweeten it with either one teaspoon of honey or 4-7 drops of liquid stevia. Drink three times per day. This will also help to restore the natural flora in your gut.