Lets predict the future 8)

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by givehug, Nov 3, 2015.

1. #1 givehug, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2015
    What does the future hold?
    Lets make short statements on this, because its hard to read a lot now 8)

- I bet there will be no work (no job) in future.

... robots all the way and you do what you want... and future people will look at job as we look at slavery now, like something terrible... monetary system kind of slavery 8)...

2. Aww, why so hostile. I'd talk on this, considering I'm getting paid to sit here...

Besides, everyone knows it's

3. I predict a healthy BM is gonna happen tomorrow morning

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

4. #5 SlowMo, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2015
    I think the US is going to fall apart (since it's already is doing that very thing).

Since so many of its inhabitants seem so eager to clump together into groups which distrust and even hate each other, all I see is a future where the cement that normally binds and stabilizes the social fabric into a sustainable structure is being systematically dissolved. It's a kind of national suicide led by blind, self-serving politicians and authorized by their voters.

5. #6 Oni~, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2015
    I wonder how much of that is almost inevitable in a 1st world setting in a nation as large and diverse as the US. If there are no natural predators, the fridge is stocked, and everyone is living a cushy life, then is a descent into more individualistic behavior something that naturally follows?
    Individualistic is perhaps a bad word here because clearly the different groups are....well groups. But what I'm getting at is that because no real issues are there where people HAVE to band together, everyone gets to exist within their own echo chamber and only surround themselves with those who reverberate the same opinions back at them.

This is further exacerbated by the sheer availability of media. Regardless if you are die hard right wing or die hard left wing, there is a 24/7 news cycle for you, telling you over and over that YOUR world view is the right one.

6. Well, we could band together because of what the alternative is promising to bring. But we're way too hypnotized by our own bullshit and bullshitters for that to happen.

I'm not so sure we're not even so fucked up as a nation (and a specie) that we'd be able to dispense with our petty animosities if there really were an alien invasion of the planet.

7. As a small kid I was terrified of Aliens. Mostly because I was big into sci-fi and saw them as a real life boogeyman. I always thought that if they were hostile and descended upon us that we would have to put all BS aside and become super humanist real quick. Skin color, religion, nationality, or gender for that matter wouldn't matter in the slightest when there is a 12 foot squid like beast from another galaxy murdering everyone in its path. I'd like to think we'd get a real quick US VS Them mentality over night.

8. I predict that I'll get 3 oz of bud on Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1