Who else had trouble getting a good hit with their Snoop Dogg GPen?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by 420GOD420, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Okay everyone I am new to this site and I just created an account because I was reading through the Snoop Dogg Gpen reviews. I received a Gpen a while back from a friend and I was really happy I could smoke just about anywhere I wanted. After a couple weeks of heavy use, because I stopped carrying my pipe around, it stopped heating the coil. I got mad, threw it in my dresser and forgot about it. A week ago I decided to buy a new coil for it from Vapepartsmart.com for only $15 with shipping. A couple days later, after it got lost in the mail for a day, I received it and tried it out. My Gpen worked better than it has before. But after a couple days of heavy use it started to drain the battery quicker, not hit as hard, and just wasn't doing what I wanted it too. A half hour ago I was looking on the internet for suggestions and found an article on grasscity that had a lot of interesting opinions, but most of them were 'this is a piece of shit' or 'Snoop Dogg Gpen is a joke'. I wanted to defend my Gpen so I tore it apart to see why it wasn't performing like it advertises. After I tore the mouth piece apart I found a little metal double sided screen that just blocked 90% of the air. I took that piece out and put my device back together. I took one hit and got as high as if it was out of a pipe, but the thing is I smoke shitty weed in my vape, and this made the weed taste good and get me high. I have used it this way for about 4 'bowls' and haven't had a problem. Well... the reason I'm writing all this shit is because I was wondering if anyone else found this out on their Gpen, or if there is a GOOD reason why that screen is there. If I need too I could just add a small screen that wouldn't block all the air flow. SO... has anyone else done this or has anyone given up on their Gpen because of the problems I have had? I hope this helps people who are like me and get pissed off when their money goes to waste. Thanks for your time and I'm looking forward to seeing all the comments!!

2. Unfortunately despite claiming to be one, I would not consider the G pen a vaporizer. It is more of an electronically lighting pipe. Yes there are ways to place the herb so it doesnt touch the coil but you could also do that by holding it over a car cigarette lighter.

3. #3 mostdope122, Nov 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2015
    Don't spend anymore money trying to fix that piece of shit and get a real vape

4. All the "this isn't a real vaporizer" stuff is lovely and all but I have the same problem with the airflow, where did you find the screen? I took the mouthpiece apart as much as I could which only amounted to getting that rubber piece dislodged and now I can't get it back in. How did you take yours apart and get it back together functionally? I've been looking for hours... yeah yeah I know it's cheap and not a vaporizer but can we get past that for a sec?