OHighO -- YES on 3; NO on 2 -- TODAY

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by weedyweed, Nov 3, 2015.

1. It's crunchtime. Time to get out the vote!

Yes on 3
    No on 2
    Today -- Tuesday, November 3

Don't be complacent! The opposition will be voting too!

2. Good luck Ohio

3. Ohioan here and I must say this is a tough bill to swallow here. A lot of life long smokers will be voting no tomorrow believe it or not. This particular bill gives too much power to the private investors involved and do not benefit local farmers here in Ohio. Its already decriminalized here so getting caught with a little bud is just a ticket. So we have it pretty well compared to a lot of the country. But at the same time legalizing has been a dream of ours since we took our first tokes, 20 years ago in my case. But my vote only counts as one so hopefully the right decision is made.

4. #4 weedyweed, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2015
    Yeah, but don't forget that keeping it illegal also benefits drug dealers. Drug dealers do stuff like also sell meth & crack, and they wouldn't be above charging up some schwag weed with synthetic cannabinoids that can be cooked up in the lab.

That's on top of being unreliable.

If you vote Yes on 3 (No on 2), on the other hand, you'll still be able to buy from your shady drug dealer, but you'll also have the option to go to a nice clean dispensary for nice clean product when he inevitably lets you down.

...Or, you can smoke your home-grown in peace.

Bottom line is legalization is better than the status quo. Gives you more options. Plus, this is a UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY. We should grab it with both hands.

We can adjust the law in the future (and that will be far easier than blowing this opportunity and trying to legalize in the future).

You should care not just about yourself, but also about the people who need weed as medicine and other tokers -- should they have only shady drug dealers to turn to? ... With no variety of strains? Never really knowing what pesticides (or other adulteration) might be in it? Should they have to go the same guys selling the meth and the crack to get it?

Issue 3 gives us all better options.

Make sure you VOTE!
    YES on 3
    NO on 2
    Tuesday (TODAY!) November 3

Find your polling location here: http://voterlookup.sos.state.oh.us/voterlookup.asp...

5. lol so much corporate propaganda

6. The private investor aspect is pretty shady but as long as you can grow your own it still sounds worth it. Who will be able to open dispensaries? Only the select investors?

7. No on 2
    Yes on 3

It's a step in the right direction and we can fix the amendment later.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

8. "we can change the laws later"

the stupidest reasoning i have ever heard.

what do you think is going to happen if us Ohioans try to change the gaming laws in the state? Dan Gilbert will spend half of his wealth fighting it to the death in court.

if one cant figure out that ResponsibleOhio will spend every last dollar of theirs fighting for their right to be the only suppliers in the state, than that person shouldnt be voting in the first place because they dont understand politics...

9. Yeah you guys gonna get fucked over if you vote that in. Whoever can't see that is an idiot.
    If that shit was in MI I'd be getting everyone I could to vote NO.
    Just because it's a step forward doesn't mean it's a step in the right direction.

10. couldnt agree more medicine man. I voted no. unfortunately, half of my state is legally retarded. LOL

i guess we'll see what happens.

11. yes on 3 No on 2.....................DONE!

I'm glad a lot of you tards don't live in Ohio. Issue 2 is pure poison. Issue 3 could be better sure, but if 2 gets voted in you'll never get a whiff again until the Feds reschedule. Issue 2 will effectively cancel your right to vote on matters like this in the future. We all know letting all of the bought and paid for politicians making our laws have worked wonders so far. This is a huge chance for the economy of Ohio. Most crying on 3 just want to deal it anyway.

End Prohibition Now! You could save lives today!

12. #12 Lowrider82, Nov 3, 2015
    be better to vote yes on both. Issue 2 just stops the monopolies from what i read

13. Add another:

Yes on 3, No on 2.....................DONE!

It's gonna be close though. Where I voted, the old folks outnumbered the young about 20 to 1.

Polls are open until 7:30 folks. Get out the vote!

YES on Issue 3.
    NO on Issue 2.

Legalize it. Regulate it. Tax it.

14. #14 weedyweed, Nov 3, 2015
    duplicate post

15. That's wrong.

issue 2 was cooked up specifically to block Issue 3.

The "monopoly" stuff is just their angle to turn pro-weed voters into voting against Issue 3.

10 farms + innumerable home grows + hundreds of dispensaries + your old shady drug dealer if you want = far more options than we have NOW.

Don't vote for the status quo and call it a vote for "freedom of choice", because it AIN'T.

16. yeah i just found the bill online. It would be a fight in the courts and Issue 3 would more than likely be overturned since the backers of Issue 3 would control the grow house's or some of them.

17. If 3 passes and then a few years later the federal prohibition is lifted do they still have exclusive growing rights in Ohio?

18. I seriously doubt that. Same way the gay marriage supreme court decision made gay marriage legal everywhere -- and now no states can forbid it -- Ohio won't be able to forbid growing if the feds say it's okay.

But you know the feds aren't going to lift prohibition. No president is going to burn political capital on an issue like weed. It will take the states to do it, then at some critical mass, the fed will follow.

19. It sucks michigan is trying the same thing

20. Agreed but the ball is rolling already, prohibition is gonna end. If I was in Ohio I would probably vote for this now and wait for the federal ban to end. If these investors can't keep up with production the state can add more growers, plus you can grow your own which is huge imo. 4 plants is way more than enough to supply one person.