Ohio Votes on Legalization Tomorrow (November 3)

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by nejobo, Nov 2, 2015.

1. This is a handy primer if you don't know the difference between Issue 2 and Issue 3: https://www.civilized.life/ohio-issue-3-info-1430542867.htmlWhat do you think? Does Ohio need to go back to the drawing board? Or is this the right way forward?

2. It is a way, not sure if it is the right way or not. But we will never know unless it passes .I think too many people are getting caught up in the monopoly aspect. While CO doesn't have the same language, you need a boatload of cash to make a go of it there, so it is an effective, if not legal, monopoly there as well.Plus it allows for home grows so that should make the law acceptable to the majority of the people.

3. im from Ohio and I don't really care for this. I don't see how it will affect the people that can get weed easily now. The store prices will most likely be more expensive than the black market so its not really a better option. I'm more so looking forward to being able to get concentrates which are harder to get than normal weed.

I'd like to see weed get completely decriminalised, though

4. #4 Lowrider82, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2015
    well its bad for the shops as it limits them to buy from only 10 preseleted growers. Guess who the owners are? The finicial backers of Issue 3

Well after finding what Ballot Issue 2 says i recant my last statement.

"Prohibit any petitioner from using the Ohio Constitution to grant a commercial interest, right, or
    license that is not available to similarly situated persons or nonpublic entities."

That part gets me. Could be read and interpreted by the supreme court and invalidate Issue 3. Guess who was to control the Grow Houses, the backers of Issue 3. If issue 3 does pass good luck getting the law changed on the grow houses...

5. It didn't pass. The people of Ohio are retarded. Here's a chance to get marijuana legalised and end people getting their lives ruined due to a ideological law, yet all these idiots can do is cry that it will create a monopoly. So now we've got to wait for another election term for another possible legislation they like to come out that has no guarantees of passing while more people get arrested on marijuana related charges.

Ohio is still a conservative state full of assholes. Fuck this sorry ass state. I've got a weed charge of possession on my record and was hoping for issue 3 to pass so it could possibly get dropped in the future. Talk about a bunch of greedy bitches in this state. I guess 4 plants isn't enough for these dumb Ohioans. Too much greed down here and too many powerful drug dealers that dint want marijuana legalization

6. Aaaaand another rejection of weed.
    Unsurprising

7. fuck you gay faggots here. This state is full of bitch ass people and I can't wait to move. Nothing will get passed in 2016 either. All you faggots will do is complain about specifics of each proposal

8. I honestly can't understand why prohibition is a better option than legalization in any form.. If you had enough money to start a cannabis dispensary, you probably had enough money to financially back issue 3. If you didn't, your business would have probably flopped. Employee wages, grow supplies, security, upkeeping the property, leasing said property, getting a commercial license-It adds up quick.

There were even measures in place to allow more stores to open based on population, and homegrow licenses would have been on par with fishing licenses.. When coming out of an almost 80 year long prohibition, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

4 plants and up to 8oz is a much better deal than any other state that I'm aware of.. You could have possessed 8x as much as you can in Colorado if it had passed. Not to mention, you could have gifted up to an Oz at a time. If you and four friends were to all have grow ops, none of you would have even had to walk into a dispensary. Ever.

In a world that is essentially owned by a handful of companies, 10 growers is more variety than you have with most food..

9. Yes, and it looks like they've got the gas behind them to get this back on the ballot next year. I just recently saw that Responsible Ohio is sending out surveys to determine "what went wrong?" Story here.

I posted my commentary on this measure in another thread, so I won't rehash the same thoughts here.

Whether its RO trying again in 2016, or it's Legalize Ohio, I'd say there's a very high probability that this is going to be on the ballot again next November. If it appears on the ballot in the form that Legalize Ohio has written, it's going to pass by a landslide. It appears that the Ohio legislature thinks so too, which is why now there's all of a sudden a big scrambled panic on their part to develop medical legislation. But much like everything the gov't touches, they'll screw it up. But their motive for this has absolutely nothing to do with helping individuals in need, promoting liberty, or stopping this asinine war on half the population. Their motivation is that they want to take this issue out of the hands of the voters because they know if a bill comes along which gives everyone what they really want, they'll stand no chance to propagandize against it. They want to be able, come spring when Legalize Ohio has the signatures for a place on the 2016 general election ballot, to say "hey, these people just want to get high! We've already given you people a medical marijuana bill." Their biggest tool this cycle was to get the sheeple handwringing and gnashing their teeth over the monopoly garbage. It worked. If that's not in the language of the amendment on the ballot, then what really faces the voters is a clear question of do you want legalization for recreational and medical, unencumbered with the "cartel" cabal to sidetrack and concern the John Q. Voter.

I've said it before that if you live in Ohio, your state laws as they stand right now are far, far from perfect. But they're a damned sight better than the rest of the non-legal states out there.

10. I was already to start growing. Had light what soil plants everything. Then this did not pass. I really want to do this. I looked for up to 200g is only a misdemeanor. With a preponderance of evidence that it is personal. Which it absolutely would be. My question is what would be considered that. Charting growing i am guessing

11. So because the state of Ohio didn't legalize cannabis, you feel the need to insult the entire gay community? Dude you need to relax. It will happen. When California legalizes recreational, there will be close to 20 percent of the total population of the USA with access to "fun time pot". That is 56,585,760 people that can smoke. These are numbers that even the most corrupt, inept and out of touch politicians can't ignore. Simply because of the "He's got one so I want one too" attitude that most Americans have. So lets try to turn that anti gay hate around. Those words, along with retard, are very bad and do nothing to promote tolerance and love.

12. Waiting for other states because you're lazy was stoners. Weed could have been legal but nope the people spoke and they don't want it. Or do states rights not matter and y'all gotta be babysit by the feds

13. If only it were that cut and dry, it would give a better look into where Ohio stands. But it's not as simple as "the people spoke and they don't want it." Every single poll taken in the state of Ohio shows overwhelming support for legal medical and a slim majority for recreational. This had nothing to do with an up or down vote, in simple language, for legalized medical and/or recreational. Instead it was cluttered with the "monopoly" language and other aspects that were very bothersome to voters. Hell, it took NORML five days prior to the election to throw its lukewarm support behind Issue 3, so it's pretty ridiculous to say that it was the "lazy was stoners" who caused this issue to fail.

When a straightforward amendment is presented on the ballot, which will very likely be in 2016, that says "do you want cannabis to be legalized for medical and recreational purposes", it will pass handily. If LegalizeOhio 2016 gets their language onto the ballot, you'll see Ohio go legal this time next year.

14. Hopefully the financial backers(Nick Lachey,etc) listen to the people and try to help get it done the way the want.

15. They didn't want a monopoly. Even people who were pro legalization were against it. However, they aren't that bright over there. They could have done away with criminal penalties, but no.

16. ..........Ive been waiting since june 8th 1974.........when I was forced to take my 1st drug test and they made them mandatory......thats been 41+yrs.......if I can wait patiently.......then everyone else can too........it will happen!!

17. I'll say faggot anytime I want. You can continue being a homosexual sympathiser all you want. Spreading hate? Its not like I'm getting people hurt or going out of my way to attack and antagonize homosrxuals just by using the word faggot.

The thing about Ohio is that most of the people that voted against issue 3 smoke weed. They fell for the opponents tricks by being duped by claims of monopoly.

When you have the chance to legalize you take it. Stupid stoners are looking for a fantasy perfect legislation. It will most likely be decades before Ohio legalizes